News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I don't know how you can say it is fine. A jogger with a walk sign could easily run into the intersection without a driver that is turning seeing him.

you sure those are tags? could be construction related, temporary paint?

My apologies - I walked by the site the other day and they are indeed construction markings. Phew! I'm also quite glad that they re-used the stone blocks removed from where the tunnel now is for that new wall on the west side.

what's with the empty spot on the left? are they not putting stones there? or did they just not get around to doing it yet?

also, what's happening with the gap between the metal and concrete near the same spot? it gets pretty wide toward the bottom and looks like a place that will collect garbage.

5002644483_6712477c10_b.jpg

I don't know how you can say it is fine. A jogger with a walk sign could easily run into the intersection without a driver that is turning seeing him.

you can say that about any intersection. Doesnt take away the fact that visability is good at queen and dufferin.

But I'm sure there will be a no right on red because they like to babysit us and have no concept of what makes better traffic flow.

For me intersections should be planned not just on what makes for better traffic flow, but for what makes a better neighbourhood. I really wish Torontonians would realize our streets are not just thoroughfares for cars. We've got a lot of growing up to do.

you can say that about any intersection.

No. At some intersections there is an obstacle to your view if you keep your hood behind the white line, and at some there is not.

Doesn't take away the fact that visability is good at queen and dufferin.

That big steel girder right up against the thin sidewalk looks hard to see through to me.

September 22

North side

From Queen looking north

Looks like an amphitheatre

Prometheus The Supremo the empty wall has been completed:

yay! thanks current!

the concrete triangular cap which is noticeable in your other photo seems to disappear when you get closer, as seen in this photo:

5016835840_e3d7c9608c_b.jpg

p.s, this kinda looks like a wheelchair ramp:

5016835874_3e15cd7e65_b.jpg

Hydraulics are coming down, and the rail bridges are now sitting on the cement footings. Looks like it wont be long before inaguration.:)

For me intersections should be planned not just on what makes for better traffic flow, but for what makes a better neighbourhood. I really wish Torontonians would realize our streets are not just thoroughfares for cars. We've got a lot of growing up to do.
Roads are for cars. Sidewalks are for people. The car is not driving on the side walk. Turning on red lights has nothing to do with making a better neighbourhood. Id rather the cars get out of my neighbourhood faster then to be all conjested and adding extra noise and emmisions to the air. Plus as a resident of that neighbourhood I also drive in the neighbourhood. I prefer my area I drive in to not be gridlock, that's just me though. I probably walk more then I drive though and guess what? I've never been hit by a car turning right on a red. Common sense FTW.

That big steel girder right up against the thin sidewalk looks hard to see through to me.

Most people dont turn right without pulling out ahead of the white line and crossing it by a few feet with their front bumper(you pretty much have to do this at any intersection or you wouldnt be able to see just from the other cars going straight blocking your view to left). Go look for yourself if youre in the area. Stand where your drivers side window would be when you would be in position to start to make a right hand turn. You will notice you have great visability to the west bound traffic at that intersection.

edit: Hell just look at currents 2nd last picture there in his post. The girders are totally recessed into the wall. With all that construction junk out of the way you will have a great view of west bound traffic. Only a blind man coudnt see cars coming. The side walk isnt thin its freakin 7 feet wide.

Last edited:
^

I didn't know that Rob Ford posted here.

I'm Rob Ford because I think it's stupid eliminating right hand turns on red? I get it, you're anti-car. We should just turn all the roads in Toronto into giant sidewalks, bike lanes and the only powered vehicles allowed will be transit. >.>

I'm Rob Ford because I think it's stupid eliminating right hand turns on red? I get it, you're anti-car. We should just turn all the roads in Toronto into giant sidewalks, bike lanes and the only powered vehicles allowed will be transit. >.>

Well, if we could actually get to where we need to go quickly and safely, I'm all for new ideas.

Back