News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I have a question of my own:

How about the shoppers at Price Choppers? Now that the buses don't stop there anymore, they will have to walk a block to get to the stop.

Yes and it will be for a short time until Price Choppers close due to the fact the land was sold this year for redevelopment. No idea if another store will surface, but it should as that area would be lacking a store to shop at.

Well its about time! Too bad they couldnt get the street alignment right. That's my only quam with this project.

The only way they could get the alignment right was to reduce the height of the underpass at Queen Street as it would required to put in a deeper beam to support the load bearing of the bridges. It would prevent trucks from using underpass and force them to use the jog which was not in the plans to do.

The only way they could get the alignment right was to reduce the height of the underpass at Queen Street as it would required to put in a deeper beam to support the load bearing of the bridges. It would prevent trucks from using underpass and force them to use the jog which was not in the plans to do.

Yea I know. It's not a huge deal. I'm just a bit of a perfectionist :)

Oh and I would just like to ad. Big thank you NOT putting in a NO RIGHT ON RED anywhere at the new intersection. Like I said before you can see fine out of the tunnel to turn right. Whoever the bleeding hearts were that were argueing with me about this before saying "you can't see or ohh wah wah wah what about pedistrians." Like I said this intersection is no different then any of the other 1000s in this city and you can suck it crybabies!

**prays they don't add one in the future**

Last edited:
Yea I know. It's not a huge deal. I'm just a bit of a perfectionist :)

Building materials will improve enough over 50 years that when a refurbish is necessary they will probably widen the span slightly to align it straight.

because i haven't seen the project in person, i'm not quite sure what you guys are talking about. can anybody explain please?

Dufferin south of Queen and the tunnel north of it don't quite align perfectly. They're maybe a metre off. I personally don't see this being a problem. I feel that it would be easier to re-align Dufferin south of Queen. The city already owns the land and there's no technical limitations, only political willpower. This can be qualified as "gravy" according to Ford though so don't expect it to be fixed for at least while he's Mayor.

Dufferin south of Queen and the tunnel north of it don't quite align perfectly. They're maybe a metre off. I personally don't see this being a problem. I feel that it would be easier to re-align Dufferin south of Queen. The city already owns the land and there's no technical limitations, only political willpower. This can be qualified as "gravy" according to Ford though so don't expect it to be fixed for at least while he's Mayor.

on the east side or the west? or both?

Dufferinfromsouth.jpg

This is probably the best picture to show how it's off. The east sidwalks are a meter or more off.

Dufferinfromsouth.jpg

This is probably the best picture to show how it's off. The east sidwalks are a meter or more off.

is it because the roadway in the tunnel is wider than the road south of queen?

same thing doesn't happen on the west side?

Look at the Steel Beam supporting the bridges. To move the road to the west to line up for the east side with the south section, the depth of that support beam would have to be 2-3 feet deeper than it is to carry the loads and this would prevent most trucks from using this underpass or see the roof of the trailer been rip off or jamb. They could had moved the east retaining wall to the east, but at a cost.

I'd say that could be one reason, the center pillar would make the road a little bit wider then normal one would think.
Oddly enough the West side is much better lined up then the East.

I'd say that could be one reason, the center pillar would make the road a little bit wider then normal one would think.
Oddly enough the West side is much better lined up then the East.

is the centre pillar of the bridge lined up with the centre of dufferin south of queen?

^ No.

After looking at the site on Google Maps, I don't see it being much trouble to move the retaining wall on Dufferin south of Queen. Move it a few metres East and they can align the street to the tunnel, instead of the other way around.

^ No.

After looking at the site on Google Maps, I don't see it being much trouble to move the retaining wall on Dufferin south of Queen. Move it a few metres East and they can align the street to the tunnel, instead of the other way around.

that sucks. i'm sure they could have figured out a way to align it properly. i'm not sure if the retaining wall can be moved. it would interfere with the metal bridge.

Back