News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

It is tag already and sandblasting under way. North side is finish.
[video=youtube;JhCfvANphjw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhCfvANphjw[/video]

Jeez can they make the lights any freaking brighter in that tunnel? What a waste of electricity.

It is tag already and sandblasting under way. North side is finish.
[video=youtube;JhCfvANphjw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhCfvANphjw[/video]

Yea well they might as well just give up with the sand blasting because this structure will be covered in tags until the end of time now. Just like all other similar structures in Toronto. But since this is new they will waste money sand blasting it for the first year then forget about it next year. Ahh good ole predictable Toronto.

Jeez can they make the lights any freaking brighter in that tunnel? What a waste of electricity.

If it is daylight outside, they have to brighten the tunnel to match it, else the drivers will be blind. At night, the tunnel should have half the lights out, if the sensors or timers are working correctly.

Also, the lamps are new and clean. Once all the dust, insects, and car exhaust builds up, it will be dimmer.

There have recently been several advances in lighting (such as compact fluorescents and LEDs) that make lights ten times cheaper in terms of electricity when compared to incandescent lightbulbs from ten years ago.

I think that anything that makes tunnels brighter and more welcoming is a good thing.

Improved lighting was one of the best things about the recent Museum station renovation. IMHO, TTC needs to seriously beef up the lights in many of its subway stations.

StIdes:

Yea well they might as well just give up with the sand blasting because this structure will be covered in tags until the end of time now. Just like all other similar structures in Toronto. But since this is new they will waste money sand blasting it for the first year then forget about it next year. Ahh good ole predictable Toronto.

From the way you put it, damned if you do, damned if you don't. Since it is a "waste", is it any wonder why Toronto gets "predictable" in this regard?

AoD

If it is daylight outside, they have to brighten the tunnel to match it, else the drivers will be blind. At night, the tunnel should have half the lights out, if the sensors or timers are working correctly.

Also, the lamps are new and clean. Once all the dust, insects, and car exhaust builds up, it will be dimmer.

I dont think you have any idea how bright these lights actually are. They are the brightest lights I have EVER seen in a tunnel before. If anything is going to blind drivers it will be looking at these lights because they are literally brighter then the day time light.

Been through the tunnel a few times now, day and night, and the lights aren't that bad. They are pretty bright, but they don't blind me.

I finally checked out this new piece of infrastructure. I live out in Scarborough and don't get west of University where I work too often. I had the day off yesterday and this underpass looks great- it was day time mind you. I hope the city, province or the feds find more funds to grade seperate some of the at grade crossings of more of our GO lines and other rail lines as well here in Toronto and the GTA also. It increases safety greatly and it increases efficiency. Glad that some of the 29 Dufferin buses still do the jog though to service that area near the Gladstone Hotel and all.

I finally checked out this new piece of infrastructure. I live out in Scarborough and don't get west of University where I work too often. I had the day off yesterday and this underpass looks great- it was day time mind you. I hope the city, province or the feds find more funds to grade seperate some of the at grade crossings of more of our GO lines and other rail lines as well here in Toronto and the GTA also. It increases safety greatly and it increases efficiency. Glad that some of the 29 Dufferin buses still do the jog though to service that area near the Gladstone Hotel and all.

If the 29 doing the old jog, what stops are they using considering the shelters and stops have been removed?? The drivers are doing them wrong as it has been straight through since it open.

http://www3.ttc.ca/Routes/29/Map.jsp

029map.gif

Wonders if this map changed when the jog was fixed.

Though I'm wondering if there *could* be a potential short-turn Dufferin routing that'd follow Gladstone and loop via the Sudbury extension; not unlike Ossington looping through Liberty Village...

Back