News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Quite strange we haven’t heard anything more on this. $500 million is a good chunk of change.

Edit: Instead of uselessly bumping this thread, I found a Minister’s Notice to Proceed With Transit Project from April 2022. Linked here. Statement of Completion here.

Is $500 million enough to get Confederation Parkway to Etobicoke Creek built? This project seems ready to roll.

Last edited:
Mississauga Dundas BRT is going to be a design-build, and the RFQ went out yesterday.

STAGES OF THE PROCUREMENT PROCESS:
The City has selected Design-Build (DB) as the preferred delivery model and will be undertaking procurement/delivery through one continuous procurement process consisting of the following:

Stage 1 - Request for Prequalification (RFPQ) Issued: Q1 - 2023

Stage 2 - Request for Proposals (RFP) issued to the shortlisted Respondents Issued: Q3 2023

Contract Award: 2024

Mississauga Dundas BRT is going to be a design-build, and the RFQ went out yesterday.

STAGES OF THE PROCUREMENT PROCESS:
The City has selected Design-Build (DB) as the preferred delivery model and will be undertaking procurement/delivery through one continuous procurement process consisting of the following:

Stage 1 - Request for Prequalification (RFPQ) Issued: Q1 - 2023

Stage 2 - Request for Proposals (RFP) issued to the shortlisted Respondents Issued: Q3 2023

Contract Award: 2024
Awesome news. Love how fast this tendering process is.

If awarded in 2024 any speculation on an opening date? 2027/2028?

If awarded in 2024 any speculation on an opening date? 2027/2028?
I would say late 2028 for fully open and could open up in phases before then. One has to look at York BRT as well as Finch and Crosstown surface area to see how long it has/is taking for the LRT to get an handle on the timeline for Dundas. Even Hurontario can be added to that list. The first phase is to get the designing of the road done and that write off 2024 seeing construction as well when the contract is sign.

Dixie to the subway is already an 7 lane road and only a few intersections to worry about as well lack of side street. Mostly plazas driveways and this allows for a long ROW between intersections, unless the city to protect for future one like they should.

Mississauga is already replacing waterlines' on Dundas east of Dixie and this will reduce construction time for the BRT when work starts. The choke point for the BRT is between Cawthra and Mavis where major road widening will have to take place to have a centre ROW. It will be a tight fit for Hurontario area. along with turning lanes

I thought BRTs could be installed quick and dirty.
3 years is pretty fast compared to LRT.

HuLRT was awarded in 2019, and likely won't begin operating until well into 2025.

I thought BRTs could be installed quick and dirty.
BRT is really a wide spectrum of infrastructure. Thankfully, the Dundas BRT is on the higher side of that spectrum, with more substantial infrastructure like proper stops and lane dividers. The downside is that takes a bit longer.

BRT is really a wide spectrum of infrastructure. Thankfully, the Dundas BRT is on the higher side of that spectrum, with more substantial infrastructure like proper stops and lane dividers. The downside is that takes a bit longer.
I knew that. But brt fans often discredit lrts for being costly or slow but they almost always include substantial infrastructure changes in their time frame and budget. I’m happy for a brt. Would have preferred a lrt.

I knew that. But brt fans often discredit lrts for being costly or slow but they almost always include substantial infrastructure changes in their time frame and budget. I’m happy for a brt. Would have preferred a lrt.
I prefer BRT and actually getting service. If this were LRT we'd be getting it in 2050. And it would reach Waterdown on the a##-end of never.

I wonder how this will get implemented in Halton, if at all. The full reconstruction of Dundas in Oakville and Burlington is wrapping up and the only "bus infrastructure" thrown in there are inserts for the bus stops

Also, the Palermo transit terminal is strangely not in the Town of Oakville's 2023 budget...

I prefer BRT and actually getting service. If this were LRT we'd be getting it in 2050. And it would reach Waterdown on the a##-end of never.
The only reason I’m ok with it being brt is because of its overall length.

Also that finch lrt is being constructed on time and relatively quickly once the government decided to start actually spending money.

Back