News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I feel bad for residents of the Crossways who will have a subway concourse in their basement but will still have to risk their lives crossing Dundas to get to the main entrance. Great for everyone else though.
Being in the Crossways “mall” I swear it’s just a money laundering operation to avoid as much pedestrian traffic as possible. How could you not want walking traffic to bring new business in.

It is costing Metrolinx $50M to create a concourse connecting the GO station to the TTC, and a lot of the work has already been done already. I can't imagine the ROI is there for the owners of the Crossways to construct another concourse.

I can't imagine the ROI is there for the owners of the Crossways to construct another concourse.
In the decades of negotiation, before they finally expropriated, I have no doubt that the owners could have made a deal for an entrance to Crossways, at no cost to themselves. No matter how poor the ROI.

Wake me when they finally open the connection... Rip Van Winkle.
82202015847-h40o2r6eey-rip-van-winkle-1.jpg
From
link.

The Science Centre Station entrance (southwest corner at Don Mills & Eglinton) to the actual Ontario Science Centre entrance is about 507m. The Dundas West Station entrance to Roncesvalles Avenue & Dundas Street West is about 375m. Why is the Line 5's Science Centre Station named as it will be, if it is so far from the Ontario Science Centre itself? Renaming the Line 2's Dundas West Station and GO KT Kitchener/UPX's Bloor Station both to "Roncesvalles Station" is fine to me.

The wayfinding signs should reference TTC Line 2, GO KT Kitchener, UPX, TTC streetcar & buses, and street exits.

Took them long enough. See from December, 2009 at Steve Munro's website at this link.

A preliminary design for the connection was done by TTC in April 1987

A LOT more expensive to do it starting today, because of inflation and other costs like elevators, which weren't a requirement back in 1987..

Why they aren't continuing the tunnel on the west side of the corridor both north and south is beyond me. At the same point that they connect the UP express platforms they could continue the path south to near Bloor and connect under the tracks at the same point north of Bloor the two UP Express Stations are connected. The signage could be GO trains left, UP trains right.

The even crazier routing is being in the UP express building at Bloor and asking how to get to the streetcar platform :) Up to the tracks, down the ramp to the GO platform, down the stairs to the tunnel, backtrack to the subway entrance, down the stairs the subway platform, walk to the other end of the platform, go up two flights of stairs and you are there. Oops, you forgot your sunglasses at the UP express station.

Back