News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

It's mid-2023 now. Does anyone know if construction has started?

I didn't look for it when I out there a couple of weeks back............. but

1689612704860.png

Edit to add, this is not The Dundas-West Station tunnel.

This is:

1689613465833.png

So permit is still under review.

Last edited:
I didn't look for it when I out there a couple of weeks back............. but

View attachment 492867
This description doesn't mention Dundas West station though. Randolph Ave is at the Railpath, so this sounds like it is for the tunnel under the new track only (Randolph Ave to Bloor GO) rather than from Bloor GO to Dundas West Subway

This description doesn't mention Dundas West station though. Randolph Ave is at the Railpath, so this sounds like it is for the tunnel under the new track only (Randolph Ave to Bloor GO) rather than from Bloor GO to Dundas West Subway

Quite right, and I edited my post to reflect that while you were posting!

Now every time I'm on a subway train going through this station I'm going to have to look at the eastern end of the platforms until I see a wall on each side being removed.

Now every time I'm on a subway train going through this station I'm going to have to look at the eastern end of the platforms until I see a wall on each side being removed.
There's some panels missing on the far end of the platforms already - I'm not sure if this is related to construction.

I would be down with the renaming of Dundas West to Roncesvalles. A Toronto subway station named after a Napoleonic battle? Sure, why not!

50 million! Am I wrong in thinking that that seems like a lot for a glorified passageway though an existing parking garage?
If it was just for a walkway through a garage, I'd be with you on that.

But it's not. There's structural work to be done at track level, and excavation both downwards and upwards from the garage.

Dan

Permits
There's some panels missing on the far end of the platforms already - I'm not sure if this is related to construction.

I would be down with the renaming of Dundas West to Roncesvalles. A Toronto subway station named after a Napoleonic battle? Sure, why not!
Permits don't appear to be issued yet, though it looks close'ish:

1692993599737.png

I feel bad for residents of the Crossways who will have a subway concourse in their basement but will still have to risk their lives crossing Dundas to get to the main entrance. Great for everyone else though.

I feel bad for residents of the Crossways who will have a subway concourse in their basement but will still have to risk their lives crossing Dundas to get to the main entrance. Great for everyone else though.
I guess you will feel bad for the residents when the undesirable folks start showing up on their door steps when a faregate area is added to the concourse level from their building.

Nothing stopping the management of the building in applying to have a tunnel built for them that connect the building to Dundas West Station at their cost. The residents will end up paying a lot of extra cost for that tunnel when it free to cross the street like 10,000's ppl do daily today to the point it will be too expensive to live there.

I guess you will feel bad for the residents when the undesirable folks start showing up on their door steps when a faregate area is added to the concourse level from their building.

Nothing stopping the management of the building in applying to have a tunnel built for them that connect the building to Dundas West Station at their cost. The residents will end up paying a lot of extra cost for that tunnel when it free to cross the street like 10,000's ppl do daily today to the point it will be too expensive to live there.
The ground floor of the building is entirely commercial, essentially a small mall with a Dollarama, CIBC and several other stores.
Surely these businesses would benefit from a direct connection to the subway and the GO station.

The ground floor of the building is entirely commercial, essentially a small mall with a Dollarama, CIBC and several other stores.
Surely these businesses would benefit from a direct connection to the subway and the GO station.
There is a thing known as liability when the building wasn't built for transit in the first place.

You will get some extra foot traffic from the new towers to the north and when the plaza is redevelop in the next 10 years, nut not as much as you think.

Back