News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

He was shown on the news handing out business cards and "Rob Ford For Mayor" fridge magnets to shell-shocked food service workers. They even closed the segment noting what Ford had done during his visit and held up both the magnet and business card. This man continues to boggle my mind, I mean you can't write this stuff.

I found the video. Click on the link below, scroll down just a bit and you'll see three small videos on the left. Turn up your volume, click on the top video, it will enlarge, start with Gord Martineau and play the footage of Ford handing out his business cards and one of his entourage giving out magnets - http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/news/local/article/208821--eaton-centre-food-court-reopens

My, my. The alleged shooter was employed part time by the city of Toronto despite a rap sheet with drugs and sexual misconduct. Huh? No background check in a parks job? Who is responsible for that? Believe me, in the States, we have many stupid hiring mistakes. Like Joe Paterno's assistant. But this impresses me. I know the program this guy was in was supposed to help people avoid a life of crime, but wouldn't raking lawns or something be more suitable? Work experience is work experience.

My, my. The alleged shooter was employed part time by the city of Toronto despite a rap sheet with drugs and sexual misconduct. Huh? No background check in a parks job? Who is responsible for that? Believe me, in the States, we have many stupid hiring mistakes. Like Joe Paterno's assistant. But this impresses me. I know the program this guy was in was supposed to help people avoid a life of crime, but wouldn't raking lawns or something be more suitable? Work experience is work experience.

Council changed that practice real quick yesterday.

So I'm reading that to mean lots of bullets flying around, relatively few finding a target. I wonder what the stats say about WHY people are shooting guns. Turf wars? Personal conflicts? Street cred?

Gangs. Drugs.

So I'm reading that to mean lots of bullets flying around, relatively few finding a target. I wonder what the stats say about WHY people are shooting guns. Turf wars? Personal conflicts? Street cred?

Relatively few? I wouldn't call 143 shooting victims in 2012 to date "relatively few".

At least the shooters are not like the idiots in some countries who celibate "victories", "special occasions", or "fun" by shooting their guns into the air. The bullets may go up, but have to come down somewhere unexpected, hitting someone.

Relatively few? I wouldn't call 143 shooting victims in 2012 to date "relatively few".

143 "victims". And how many fatalities? My impression is that the shootings to fatalities ratio is very high. Like you have people closing their eyes and pulling the trigger like total amateurs.

143 "victims". And how many fatalities? My impression is that the shootings to fatalities ratio is very high. Like you have people closing their eyes and pulling the trigger like total amateurs.

From the Star:

“Over the last five years, each and every year consistently, the safety of this city has been improved,” he said.

While homicides have decreased, shootings are up, attributed, in part, to gang members becoming more brazen in firing off bullets as an intimidation tactic.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/article/1205888--eaton-centre-shooting-focuses-attention-on-spike-in-gun-violence

No solid shootings to fatalities numbers in this article unfortunately

Back