What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
^^^

the real issue with eifs is not what it looks like.

the real issue with eifs is when - not if - it will fail. rain screen applications are “better” than attempts to surface seal but they are still so dependent on proper detailing and proper execution as to pretty much preclude any potential for them to attain error free execution on completion.

this remains one of the better summaries on how eifs is supposed to perform and why it typically fails to do so.

https://www.buildingscience.com/documents/digests/bsd-146-eifs-problems-and-solutions

^^ ^^^

drywall and steel stud has never provided a secure demising between tenants.

first option concrete block but even then the cores need to be concrete filled and reinforced or a 12 pound sledge hammer will make short work of them.

second option used to be a sandwich of drywall, wire mesh and plywood on both sides of the steel studs. there is now special purpose security mesh that eliminates the need for the plywood but it needs to be installed properly to be effective.

this is what the feds used not only for rcmp but for offices where security or sensitive material (including staff) is a concern:

I think the construction workers that worked on the building need to be questioned given how the burglars managed to get in.

Eh, could have been literally any contractor or sub that was on-site during the build, or just someone who went in and "shopped" and had a basic idea of how the building was constructed.

That said, my parents had their house broken into by a contractor who did renovations on the house ~10 years prior, through a basement window that was covered up during that reno.

It wasn't me...

This afternoons snaps
2020-12-23 078.JPG2020-12-23 073.JPG2020-12-23 068.JPG2020-12-23 063.JPG

Description: To change the use of a suite/tenant space from Retail to Assembly Bakery and to construct interior alterations, ''Pablo Bakery''. Tenant fit up in shell space, construct interior partition walls, 1 barrier-free bathroom, complete interior finishes.
Permit date: February 1, 2021
Type: Building Permit
Subtype: (03) Interior Alterations
Category: Commercial Final
Class: Restaurants and Bars (540)
Address: 10163 - 81 AVENUE NW
Neighbourhood: RITCHIE
Zoning: DC1
Value: $25,000.00

Back