What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Admin: Is there a "dance club" thread for these folks?

Any chance that last proposal can still be used? The biggest missed opportunity for a positive change Whyte Ave

Any chance that last proposal can still be used? The biggest missed opportunity for a positive change Whyte Ave
There is Probably Copyright Protection
And The New owner Might want to just renovate the Current building and will end up with No Residential Whatsoever

I'm hoping for something to Be Built here that's Actually Worth Something
and Not Just another Lipstick on a pig renovation

As Historic as the Army & navy Building is
It does Not Look Great,
And A Renovation would not do much.

Anything decent that fills the space would be good news.

Whyte Ave is a retail street and it would be great if this big space could be broken up into several smaller spaces, similar to what was done with the old United Cycle space nearby years ago.

It doesn't have to be a fancy renovation, just something that nice that uses the space.

It's a local investor group, plan is to keep the building and repurpose it for commercial.
I would certainly have hoped for some midrise multi-res there. It's a big commercial footprint with basement, which I would think would be a challenge to re-tenant. That said, I'm not the purchaser and will wait and see what they envision.

I like Kevin and wish him the best with this new 'niche business hub and entertainment destination below', but am disappointed given what was on the books before. That said, it's great to see someone local investing in this property and getting the lights back on.

I like Kevin and wish him the best with this new 'niche business hub and entertainment destination below', but am disappointed given what was on the books before. That said, it's great to see someone local investing in this property and getting the lights back on.

Confused.....they spent $2M on the building and really have no clue what they want to do with it? Must have some deep pockets to NOT have a business plan already created....good luck to them.

Back