What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I'll take that bet @archited ! More than likely a primer sealer for now? I'll bet the finish will be white, like the render with the terracotta colored accents. I like the conversion and hope it turns out well. That said, I voted dislike this project from the get go due to the expansion lacking any cohesion/merit in context. So boring.

I often feel the expansion was simply a way of including a mass of parking for a tower that had minimal parking before. I'm not the biggest fan of this addition but I do enjoy the fact it removes a building that was going to sit empty otherwise.

2019-09-07 112.JPG

2019-09-07 143.JPG

2019-09-07 127.JPG

2019-09-07 134.JPG

I think the corrugated texture of the walls makes the white painted sections look spotty and unfinished from a distance, and I'm not sure another coat of paint would change that either.

Yes, doesn't the new Canadian building code allow for taller wood structures?

I realized there are some older wood framed buildings in the area (El Mirador, Monaco 1 & 2)) but it just seems odd to me that in 2019 wood structures are still being constructed right in the middle of Downtown

@Edmontonian the Provincial Government precinct has a bunch of mid-rise office buildings peopled by Provincial departments and Oil Industry players (mostly). It is a breath of fresh air to see one of those being converted to residential (more of these are needed in this area so that it has a life after 5:00 o'clock weekdays and on weekends). With the Mayfair Project (Procura) and the planned twin towers on the El Mirador site, this area has the prospect of coming to life "after hours". Not every building has to be XXX storeys tall -- the variety helps to make for a great city.

Back