News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

On the Edge Coffee has decided to close their City Centre Mall location.
I'd kind of wondered how long it would last. I went there a few times to buy beans because they'd been my main supplier for years and I wanted to support them after the market closed in the old GWG building, but it's pretty desolate up there during the coffee times of day. You'd either have to be staying at the hotel to chance upon them when they're open, or you'd have to be someone familiar with them and deliberately go looking for them. They can't even rely upon the movie theatre to bring people in because they only run matinees on weekends, and On the Edge is closed weekends.

Meanwhile, the farmers markets seem to move a lot of beans for them.

I wonder about District 102 as well.
With them, at least the hotel seems to bill them as their restaurant, and they have some kind of overlap with movie theatre operations. But it does seem like a worse location than just being on 103 street or 104 street.

District 102 does have some business in it whenever I pop out of a movie (which would be the only time I'm up on that level of City Centre Mall). I don't go there because the prices are unappealing, though.

I didn't even realize there was a coffee place up there, I was probably not the only one. I wonder about District 102, it is more prominent but except for going to the theatres I suspect not a lot of people go up to that level.

The coffee place may have done better on the first or second level, but perhaps that couldn't happen because of other coffee places already there.

I didn't even realize there was a coffee place up there, I was probably not the only one. I wonder about District 102, it is more prominent but except for going to the theatres I suspect not a lot of people go up to that level.

The coffee place may have done better on the first or second level, but perhaps that couldn't happen because of other coffee places already there.
As I understand it from talking to the folks who run On the Edge, they were able to work out a deal with the hotel (rather than the mall) for that space.

Landmark movie theatre at ECC

20240818_185122.jpg

20240818_185127.jpg

Back