News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

News roundup from some of Edmonton's junior mineral / mining and exploration firms

Now imagine if Smith hadn’t wasted $50,000,000 on fake Tylenol ………..
Problems, problems, problems. Its just one problem after another.

Capture.PNG

Wait! Now it's a $175 Million project? The Feds gave $80M so the UCP matched the funds?

Don't really know if this belongs here, but I had a quick conversation with the Freson Bros. Store Manager yesterday and, apparently, they'll be opening a store in Glenora or surroundings, targeting an opening date in mid to late fall, but wouldn't tell me where exactly. My only thought regarding location is the West Block. anyone else has thoughts on it?

Don't really know if this belongs here, but I had a quick conversation with the Freson Bros. Store Manager yesterday and, apparently, they'll be opening a store in Glenora or surroundings, targeting an opening date in mid to late fall, but wouldn't tell me where exactly. My only thought regarding location is the West Block. anyone else has thoughts on it?
My guess is 142 and 107 that has cycled through a million different gym and other tenants.

I also want to add that is the best news I’ve heard in awhile. I freaking love Freson Bros but it’s a jaunt and a half to get to one from downtown so I rarely go, so a location around Glenora would be AMAZING!!

I also want to add that is the best news I’ve heard in awhile. I freaking love Freson Bros but it’s a jaunt and a half to get to one from downtown so I rarely go, so a location around Glenora would be AMAZING!!
That is what actually started the conversation I had... I was "complaining" that I didn't get to go there nearly as much as I'd like, due to the distance from Downtown, when the manager said that they're opening one in Glenora. I'm SUPER excited for this and I really hope it is true. Will likely become my go-to grocer for most things.

Not if it was previously a Safeway
I thought the same, and I don't know the exact terms of Safeway's restrictive covenants, but in that space for awhile previously was Fresh Fit Foods, which was at its core a retail food market. So who knows.

Back in my day. way back in the dust of history, I believe the 107 and 142st location was a Loblaw. Safeway had a different style. It could also have been a Dominion store. But a Fresons would be good. I'd had hoped St Albert would get the next one.

^ And back in my day (when God was just a young lad :D) I could swear that there was a Saveco at that location. What was Saveco, you ask? It was and Edmonton based (I think) small department store that operated in the 1970s/80s and maybe even into the 1990s . There was also one on the north side of Jasper Ave between 107 and 108 (where the second of the two Parks towers will be built). I could be wrong but that is what my memory is serving up this morning.

Back