What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I love multi-million dollar facilities, but how will this be used in a way to develop, train, compete at etc. National training centre? How much economic impact potential?

I have yet to really see that aspect of this.

I love multi-million dollar facilities, but how will this be used in a way to develop, train, compete at etc. National training centre? How much economic impact potential?

national Training centre will Stay in Milton for cycling. as for triathlon. I believe this is planning to be the training centre. However we have a good history of track athletes from YEG. If you go to the current track you can see a list of our World and Olympic Champions. this would mean that they could stay home and train. We have some incredible coach's here so I would expect a few people come here to live and train. As for the major events. That would be open. UCI will give it some status but its up to the community to drive for those events. It Do The North gets involved they may drive a few.

There are not very many facilities like this in Canada, so I expect it will regularly attract a high level of training and competing across the region and beyond. Maybe even some people from Canmore will come here for it.

A number of training facilities have been built in southern Alberta and elsewhere over the years, so nice to see one in Edmonton now.

Don't get me wrong, I love these kinds of projects, but at some point a business case needs to be included to justify it on top of the obvious community/health benefits.
A business case very likely was done when the project was seeking a green light during the budget process. In other words, that ship has sailed and we are far past the point of justifying the construction.

Back