39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Capture.PNG

A very BIG hole to fill.

---
Stephanie McCabeStephanie McCabe
• 1st
Deputy City Manager, Urban Planning and EconomyDeputy City Manager, Urban Planning and Economy
6m • 6m •
I am excited to share that I will be starting a new executive leadership role in the private sector working for a technology company that was founded in Edmonton, with offices across Canada. Stay tuned for further details.

It has been an honour to work for the City of Edmonton, in positions ranging from a co-op student to a Deputy City Manager. I have had the privilege to work alongside so many others who are passionate about this city: Edmontonians, dedicated teams, business leaders and Councils. I firmly believe that we have collectively made Edmonton a more prosperous, equitable, resilient and vibrant city for all Edmontonians both today and tomorrow. I have been dedicated to making Edmonton a better place for everyone and I am proud of all the work I have led and accomplished and am excited to contribute to our city in a new way.

I prefer not to be a critic, but in this case just wondering based on the wording - is that technology company founded here, still headquartered here? I have always felt our city needs to do more to keep and attract head offices.

A very BIG hole to fill.

---
Stephanie McCabeStephanie McCabe
• 1st
Deputy City Manager, Urban Planning and EconomyDeputy City Manager, Urban Planning and Economy
6m • 6m •
I am excited to share that I will be starting a new executive leadership role in the private sector working for a technology company that was founded in Edmonton, with offices across Canada. Stay tuned for further details.

It has been an honour to work for the City of Edmonton, in positions ranging from a co-op student to a Deputy City Manager. I have had the privilege to work alongside so many others who are passionate about this city: Edmontonians, dedicated teams, business leaders and Councils. I firmly believe that we have collectively made Edmonton a more prosperous, equitable, resilient and vibrant city for all Edmontonians both today and tomorrow. I have been dedicated to making Edmonton a better place for everyone and I am proud of all the work I have led and accomplished and am excited to contribute to our city in a new way.
Agreed. A big loss for the city.

The amount of money continually being invested into the Industrial Heartland is incredible. Aside from Kitimat I don’t think anywhere has seen comparable investment in Canada in the last five years.

There is the easy access to the area that does help. Just finished at Kitimat. Logistics were making that project quite expensive. All of the components are shipped from over seas. workers are flown in from across Canada.

Next up will be the Woodfibre LNG in Squamish.
Woodfibre is just a baby one.....

Back