News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

$6.5 bln project, nottabigdeal.

"Dow selected the Fort Saskatchewan site for this investment as Western Canada offers highly cost-competitive natural gas relative to other regions, as well as cost-advantaged ethane, a key feedstock for ethylene production. At full run-rates, the site is expected to be one of Dow's most cost-competitive in the world. The region also features access to existing CO2 transportation and storage infrastructure with available capacity to fully support decarbonization of the project. It is home to a high-class workforce and Dow has been part of the community for more than 60 years."

@Airboy was a prime contractor already selected for this project?

The "$6.5B" is a bit puzzling. Could have sworn I saw literature of over "$10B," in reality that means over $15B.

Capture.PNG

Ahh....must be CAN $ vs US $ thing....makes sense now

Last edited:
$6.5 bln project, nottabigdeal.

"Dow selected the Fort Saskatchewan site for this investment as Western Canada offers highly cost-competitive natural gas relative to other regions, as well as cost-advantaged ethane, a key feedstock for ethylene production. At full run-rates, the site is expected to be one of Dow's most cost-competitive in the world. The region also features access to existing CO2 transportation and storage infrastructure with available capacity to fully support decarbonization of the project. It is home to a high-class workforce and Dow has been part of the community for more than 60 years."

@Airboy was a prime contractor already selected for this project?
Fluor has it

Capture.PNG

This is really big news

Largest project in Alberta right now.
But we should be all SAD right? It's NOT "tech" jobs!! It's only 2-3,000 high paying mid 6 figure jobs for 5 years PLUS at least 500 high paying Operations and Maintenance jobs in perpetuity. YYC wins again😥

This project alone will change all the economic forecasts and be featured pretty heavily by groups like Conference Board of Canada in their economic and growth projections. You might want to load up on some real estate in the Edmonton area today...

But we should be all SAD right? It's NOT "tech" jobs!! It's only 2-3,000 high paying mid 6 figure jobs for 5 years PLUS at least 500 high paying Operations and Maintenance jobs in perpetuity. YYC wins again😥
Give me both. Good day for operations, construction and industrial work today and there's still work to do on technology jobs. Doesn't detract from this being good news.

Give me both. Good day for operations, construction and industrial work today and there's still work to do on technology jobs. Doesn't detract from this being good news.
Agreed. Say what you want about Calgary but at the end of the day we're all Albertans and these string of investments are good for the overall economic health of the province that benefits everyone.

Fort Sask is really becoming one hell of an industrial hub. DOW's release also mentioning that the $2b in other investment for hydrogen, co2 capture, and other infrastructure, plus all of the existing infrastructure and connections there (like the CPP owned carbon trunk line). Hell, just the economic activity yearly just from turnaround maintenance in the Fort Sask/Redwater region has to be around half a billion dollars.

Capture.PNG

This office is in the Bell Annex. Thought that Lloyd Saad was taking the entire building? All good, should be 100% occupied by the time they move in.

Nice expansion from IBI out of the Intact building.

Exactly. It seems to be very hard for @MacLac to grasp the idea that we can be happy for getting more good paying blue collar jobs, and yet want more white collar jobs to come, as well.

The "$6.5B" is a bit puzzling. Could have sworn I saw literature of over "$10B," in reality that means over $15B.

View attachment 523441
Ahh....must be CAN $ vs US $ thing....makes sense now
1701280610119.png

Answered my own question.......so for sure it's going to hit $15B CAN

EDIT: "8,000 jobs at it's peak AND 400-500 jobs after completion."

Last edited:

Back