What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
This does not sound promising for the second tower
“I might build a second tower depending on how this (Falcon One) goes,” said Mostashari. “It would be identical.”

I guess that statement could be looked at as either glass half empty or full.

You have other insights regarding Falcon II or mostly basing your assessment on that developer statement?

“I might build a second tower depending on how this (Falcon One) goes,” said Mostashari. “It would be identical.”

I guess that statement could be looked at as either glass half empty or full.

You have other insights regarding Falcon II or mostly basing your assessment on that developer statement?
statement just did not sound optimistic to me

If Parks Phase II goes ahead next spring as rumoured, and Stationlands Tower 2 goes ahead in Q2 2025, I really don't see why this wouldn't follow suit too tbh. At this rate, I'm hoping for a surprise announcement for a project downtown soon lol
Different factors at play, once Falcon 1 is stabilized Langham can get CMHC MLI Select takeout financing. Their plan depending on how much equity they can get out of the Falcon 1 building from that takeout financing will determine how much cash they can/want to put into Falcon 2. CMHC has been unpredictable to deal with and has cut back takeout financing in Edmonton and Calgary because our markets are considered "overheating" from CMHC's perspective.

Last edited:
If Parks Phase II goes ahead next spring as rumoured, and Stationlands Tower 2 goes ahead in Q2 2025, I really don't see why this wouldn't follow suit too tbh. At this rate, I'm hoping for a surprise announcement for a project downtown soon lol

Feeling like it will be Edgar on 106 with a very dense mid-rise.

Also Westrich 108st/102.

Different factors at play, once Falcon 1 is stabilized Langham can get CMHC MLI Select takeout financing. Their plan depending on how much equity they can get out of the Falcon 1 building from that takeout financing will determine how much cash they can/want to put into Falcon 2. CMHC has been unpredictable to deal with and has cut back takeout financing in Edmonton and Calgary because our markets are considered "overheating" from CMHC's perspective.
If CMHC is more concerned about overheating I would say they have a warped way of looking at things and this probably explains why this country is in the housing crisis mess it is.

People are flocking here because other places are unaffordable. If we do not build a lot here now, we will probably become unaffordable too. But hey, unaffordable is better than overheating right?

Feeling like it will be Edgar on 106 with a very dense mid-rise.

Also Westrich 108st/102.

Do we have a page for this Edgar project you're referring to? Just curious cause I'd like to see where it is.

My expectations for downtown 2025 construction starts: Qualico 39-storey tower; Falcon II; at least one of Westrich towers on 103rd Avenue and 104th Street (I believe that will come with a full 3-corner (or maybe even a 4-corner) development concept -- with exciting new renderings -- for that intersection); Westrich 6-storey on 108th Street; Katz residential tower in the ICE District (where CWB had been scheduled to go); the Shift by Edgar (tower 1); and the Parks II. And Development Permits and Building Permits issued for 2026 start for Norquest College Major Building on the west side of 108th Street; TBA building at the north end of 108th Street and southeast corner of 102nd Avenue; two separate buildings with heavy underground parking components on the west side of 109th street south of Jasper Avenue; and a new apartment tower in the Provincial Government precinct on 100th Avenue. I also expect a major announcement on a new Stadium no later than the latter part of 2025 perhaps/probably in conjunction with the announcement of a new Sports Franchise in a precinct that we will call the "Turf District". The cranes are coming home to roost. Areas of concern will still be evident for Alldritt's tower in the Quarters and development there generally, the onetime concept tower for 101Street and 102nd Avenue, the redevelopment of ECC East, and the Capitol Theatre building and redevelopment there. 106th Street will pick up the mantle (jointly) with 104th Street and in 2026 some new concepts will be announced for the Massey Ferguson Site (perhaps in conjunction with a joint announcement with a southward expansion of MacU and a student housing venture) and with a new concept for the onetime "North" site.

Back