What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
It is close to Jasper Avenue, so that is an issue, but there is a lot of residential south of Jasper Ave in that area and looks like density will continue to increase so perhaps it could support more. It could be a good spot for a neighbourhood cafe.

True that it's pretty close to Jasper ave, but if you live say south of 100 ave and west of 112 street, you're at least 3-4 blocks away from any kind of amenities. That's not a huge distance to overcome for some, but having a few retail spots along 100 avenue will shorten that distance and and make the area more walkable and liveable. I believe there is enough density to support retail on both Jasper and 100 ave

Last edited:
True that it's is pretty close to Jasper ave, but if you live say south of 100 ave and west of 112 street, you're at least 3-4 blocks away from any kind of amenities. That's not a huge distance to overcome for some, but having a few retail spots a long 100 avenue will shorten that distance and and make the area more walkable and liveable, and I believe there is enough density to support retail on both Jasper and 100 avenues
Agreed on all accounts. Having a cafe, a bakery, maybe a small convenience store wouldn't hurt, especially dirng winter, when a 3/4 blocks walk can be very cumbersome, at times.

CHARTER BYLAW 19898
To allow for high rise residential development, Oliver. Purpose
Rezoning from DC2 to RA9; located at 10015 & 10017 - 113 Street NW.

Ian, was do you recall of this site was always part of the 5 towers that Westrich planned for development? If so why do they need to change the zoning. Anyone know if the tower palled to the East of this lot has been rezoned previously or if rezoning is still to come?

Also what progress has been made in a name change from Oliver with respect to the name of the community? I see a reference to "Centre City" but does this mean what was Oliver and Downtown (communities)?

Centre City is Westrich''s name for their development area.

I believe this was part of the original 5 but know that they have gone back and forth on what was planned.

6 storeys is absolutely fine and preferred in my books, but i thought they were looking for up to 18 storeys.

When Westrich changed the plan to 6 storeys previously, it was under the premis that it was purchasing the little apartment/big house directly north of it. But when a deal fell through, they changed their zoning ask to up to 18 storeys and the house they wanted went up for sale. But now that for sale sign is gone. Maybe Westrich reached a deal and is back to its 6 storey plan since it has a larger lot area.

Back