What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
CLT is great and yes a huge potential for Alberta. However there are other Mass Timber products that could also serve many of these projects. Or looking at hybrid. Mass Timber and Light frame, MT and steel, MT and conc.

I just received a notice of proposed land use changes on this project - change from RA9 (high rise) to DC2 for 6 storey.

I thought we were past this. Guess it will be a little while yet.

Are they still naming this "Grandin 4"? I thought Grandin is now a dirty word since the person in question was a racist.

This was given zoning approval on Monday. Will likely be the next Westrich project in Oliver I'm guessing.

113 street on the left side of image, 100 Ave on the right.

It's pretty tight to the sidewalk on the southend (100 ave).

Screenshot_20230206-163230_YouTube.jpg

This was given zoning approval on Monday. Will likely be the next Westrich project in Oliver I'm guessing.

113 street on the left side of image, 100 Ave on the right.

It's pretty tight to the sidewalk on the southend (100 ave).

View attachment 455275
Hopefully the trees on 100 Ave make it. Gotta think the root system goes into the parkade space.

Looks alright, aside from the colour palette inspiration being a 2008 Oilers away jersey.

A number of recent Westrich low rises have looked like Vancouver tower podiums. Not a bad thing. Would be nice to have the tower on top though.
Their property on this same block, just across the alley on 112 street, is proposed as a tower with commercial units.

Major Development Permit
Reference Id:Job No 463489487-002
Description:To construct a 95 Dwelling Multi-unit Housing (apartment) building with an underground parkade.
Plan 2120958 Blk 12 Lot 45B
Applicant:J+S ARCHITECT
Create Date:2023/02/07
Neighbourhood:OLIVER

Back