What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Liking this one a lot for the area.

Screen Shot 2022-08-26 at 5.08.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-26 at 5.08.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-26 at 5.08.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-26 at 5.08.46 PM.png

Pipe at this point, but I could see Westrich 'mavericking' their way into a redevelopment opportunity given their stakes in the hood.
It would make a ton of sense! Too many parking lots in this area, significant density being added, and not a ton of parks in this radius outside of the schoolyard of the catholic school south and then the warehouse/river valley options farther out. Oliver wants more parks!

I think Vancouver council ok'd going from six to 12 storeys now for wooden structures. But apparently they already have two 18-storey wooden towers. So not sure how those happened previously.
Wills & Perkins had designed this 40 storey Earth Tower for Vancouver in 2019, but it stalled.

Screenshot_20220829-214237_Samsung Internet.jpg

Wonder how long until industry in Alberta can go beyond 6 storeys for wooden though.

Wonder how long until industry in Alberta can go beyond 6 storeys for wooden though.
I think the question should be. "how long until industry decides to go taller than 6 storeys in Mass Timber or a hybrid?" it's been allowed for 2 years and still no one has put a shovel in the ground.

Back