News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

These are the top 25 US destinations from Edmonton in 2018 per Stats Can. I've also listed which airlines serve those destinations.
  1. Las Vegas (WestJet, Flair seasonal)
  2. Los Angeles (WestJet)
  3. Phoenix (WestJet seasonal, Flair seasonal)
  4. Hawaii (WestJet seasonal to Honolulu and Maui)
  5. New York
  6. Palm Springs (WestJet seasonal)
  7. San Francisco (Air Canada, WestJet seasonal)
  8. Houston
  9. Orlando (WestJet seasonal)
  10. Seattle (Alaska, WestJet seasonal)
  11. San Diego
  12. Chicago
  13. Denver (United)
  14. Fort Lauderdale
  15. Boston
  16. Portland
  17. Washington
  18. Dallas
  19. Minneapolis (WestJet)
  20. Nashville (WestJet seasonal, Flair seasonal)
  21. Miami
  22. Tampa
  23. Atlanta (WestJet)
  24. New Orleans
  25. Philadelphia
We could definitely support regular flights to all of these destinations, but I genuinely believe the most important ones would be NYC, Chicago, Houston (or Dallas) and Miami.

I'd kill to have these four.

We could definitely support regular flights to all of these destinations, but I genuinely believe the most important ones would be NYC, Chicago, Houston (or Dallas) and Miami.

I'd kill to have these four.
agree with nyc, chicago and houston but why miami? not disagreeing just wondering.

agree with nyc, chicago and houston but why miami? not disagreeing just wondering.
Miami is two things:
1 - a major hub for Latin America. Lots of companies down there operate their only flights to North America to Miami.

2 - a great destination on it's own. Beaches, great nightlife, great food, interesting cultural scene. It's also, surprisingly for some, a major business hub, especially in finance (has the US 3rd largest amount of Financial institutions HQs, for example).

Miami is two things:
1 - a major hub for Latin America. Lots of companies down there operate their only flights to North America to Miami.

2 - a great destination on it's own. Beaches, great nightlife, great food, interesting cultural scene. It's also, surprisingly for some, a major business hub, especially in finance (has the US 3rd largest amount of Financial institutions HQs, for example).
Miami has 69 nonstop destinations to Central America (excludes Mexico) 10, Caribbean 41, South America 18. You can see American Airlines dominates flights for these regions out if MIA which is a very large AA hub.

WS has chosen its dance partner Delta at Atlanta. I could not find a doc posted on ATL website but the Connections website shows far fewer nonstop flights than MIA.

Last edited:
Miami has 69 nonstop destinations to Central America (excludes Mexico) 10, Caribbean 41, South America 18. You can see American Airlines dominates flights for these regions out if MIA which is a very large AA hub.

WS has chosen its dance partner Delta at Atlanta. I could not find a doc posted on ATL website but the Connections website shows far fewer nonstop flights than MIA.

I don't understand the point of your comment.

My original post was regarding ADDITIONAL destinations I'd love to have in Edmonton, not destinations I think would be better than ATL.

I never claimed MIA was better, or had more connections than ATL.

Upgauge and more frequency to Denver and the addition of IAH should be the next focus for YEG.

Don't get me wrong, love MSP and it needs another daily option, but Toronto remains there versus a real lack of options going south.

You responded to Oiler 99 and I simply added additional insight why MIA is a good choice. I did not notice I responded to your thread and should have responded directly to Oiler 99.

November 2023 with a noticeable drop currently from November 2022 in flight activity. Swoop being gone (although Westjet mainline has taken on a portion of that), a bit less Flair flying perhaps? This encompasses charters, cargo, and the like so hard to pinpoint but kind of an ugly drop off at the moment with a difference of 20+ flights on a lot of days.

1699981586076.png

Courtesy of FlightAware (flightaware.com)

I wonder if with the lack of snow and cold weather so far, people are not planning early winter vacations as much this year.

Back