News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

See where Transat closed the YVR Base. I guess there are permanently gone from the west now.

https://dailyhive.com/canada/air-transat-closes-yvr-base

Air Transat is not gone from Western Canada 🇨🇦 permanently, as they’re currently still flying ✈️the Vancouver YVR to Montreal YUL nonstop daily year round & also Calgary YYC - YUL during spring/summer (seasonal) .

Is just only the YVR Air Transat base that’s closing ✅.

Summer 2023 US/International YEG flights ✈️ schedules look like this currently & it’s subject to change of course. Update it (if) there are any changes.

YEG- Europe : 6x weekly
KLM : YEG- Amsterdam (AMS) 4x weekly from May 29 - October 28.
Conder : YEG - Frankfurt (FRA) 2x weekly from May 26- September 1.

Flair: 8x weekly
YEG - Las Vegas (LAS) 2x weekly
YEG - Los Angeles (LAX) 2x weekly.
YEG- Nashville (BNA) 2x weekly, from May 7- June 25, (suspended for July/ August) & resumes September 7- October 26.
YEG- San Francisco (SFO) 2x weekly

WestJet: 8x weekly
YEG - Las Vegas (LAS) 4x weekly
YEG - Los Angeles (LAX) 4x weekly

Air Canada: 7x weekly
YEG - San Francisco (SFO) 1x daily

Alaska: 7x weekly
YEG - Seattle (SEA) 1x daily

United : 14x weekly
YEG- Denver (DEN) 2x daily

Sunwing: YEG- Cancun (CUN) 1x weekly.

The YEG US summer 2023 frequencies currently,looks kind of similar to summer 2022. With United 14x weekly to DEN is a increase S23✅,compared to 7x weekly last summer.

No Swoop to US flying for S23 as it’s (gone/cut), in S22 they were operating US flights.

6 weekly to Europe summer 2023 is an increase from summer 2022✅.

Last edited:
Summer 2023 US/International YEG flights ✈️ schedules look like this currently & it’s subject to change of course. Update it (if) there are any changes.

YEG- Europe : 6x weekly
KLM : YEG- Amsterdam (AMS) 4x weekly from May 29 - October 28.
Conder : YEG - Frankfurt (FRA) 2x weekly from May 26- September 1.

Flair: 8x weekly
YEG - Las Vegas (LAS) 2x weekly
YEG - Los Angeles (LAX) 2x weekly.
YEG- Nashville (BNA) 2x weekly, from May 7- June 25, (suspended for July/ August) & resumes September 7- October 26.
YEG- San Francisco (SFO) 2x weekly

WestJet: 8x weekly
YEG - Las Vegas (LAS) 4x weekly
YEG - Los Angeles (LAX) 4x weekly

Air Canada: 7x weekly
YEG - San Francisco (SFO) 1x daily

Alaska: 7x weekly
YEG - Seattle (SEA) 1x daily

United : 14x weekly
YEG- Denver (DEN) 2x daily

The YEG US summer 2023 frequencies currently,looks kind of similar to summer 2022. With United 14x weekly to DEN is a increase S23✅,compared to 7x weekly last summer.

No Swoop to US flying for S23 as it’s (gone/cut), in S22 they were operating US flights.

6 weekly to Europe summer 2023 is an increase from summer 2022✅.
I appreciate the effort but missing Mexico flights. Example Sunwing appears to be offering Cancun into June. Lots of other flights in May. High demand for these routes year round and being offered during part of summer season, should be reflected in your chart as they are "international"!

I appreciate the effort but missing Mexico flights. Example Sunwing appears to be offering Cancun into June. Lots of other flights in May. High demand for these routes year round and being offered during part of summer season, should be reflected in your chart as they are "international"!

Yep good 👍 points & in Summer 2023 Sunwing YEG - Cancun (CUN) Mexico 🇲🇽 route appears to be scheduled at 1x weekly on Fridays .

I just added onto the chart.

As I missed it earlier,while looking up YEG US/ International flights ✈️ schedules for S23 on google flights search.

Still is a scream of desperation - reading over on SSP that WJ expects WJ'ers to fly to Narita via Kelowna and YYC before heading there - 2 stops, OR? Or YVR'ers can fly direct to Narita with ZERO stops on AC. Hmmm, are you sure bookings are astronomically high? lol
I haven't heard about whatever you're talking about... I don't think WS expects to be drawing any significant number of pax to be flying YVR-YYC-NRT. YLW-YYC-NRT would be one stop...? You'll have to clarify your point because I'm confused. As for the disbelief that YYC-NRT could possibly be successful - remember that AC operated a YYC-NRT flight that had almost no through passengers from YYZ. WS being able to fill YYC-NRT at only 3x weekly shouldn't be that crazy of an idea... it's still less weekly seats than the Air Canada flight that ran at about 80-90% LF pre-covid. Whereas YVR is the number one originator for WS' Europe flights from YYC, I think I said earlier in here that YEG will likely be #1 for NRT.

Strong originating numbers from YEG on the YYC-NRT flight are a strong point on YEG's résumé for ever getting an Asia flight... I'm not sure I fully understand your wish for it to fail. There is a recurring theme in this thread for an overwhelming desire for YYC to collapse even if it's to the detriment of YEG, so I shouldn't fully be surprised.

Last edited:
NRT makes very, very little sense for YEG given that Banff is near Calgary; HK would be a much better Asia transfer point if YEG would ever get allotted an Asia flight.

NRT makes very, very little sense for YEG given that Banff is near Calgary; HK would be a much better Asia transfer point if YEG would ever get allotted an Asia flight.
You're saying the WS NRT flight is primarily Japanese tourists visiting Banff? I'd have to check PDEW but I can't imagine HKG is the #1 Asian destination out of YEG.

I haven't heard about whatever you're talking about... I don't think WS expects to be drawing any significant number of pax to be flying YVR-YYC-NRT. YLW-YYC-NRT would be one stop...? You'll have to clarify your point because I'm confused. As for the disbelief that YYC-NRT could possibly be successful - remember that AC operated a YYC-NRT flight that had almost no through passengers from YYZ. WS being able to fill YYC-NRT at only 3x weekly shouldn't be that crazy of an idea... it's still less weekly seats than the Air Canada flight that ran at about 80-90% LF pre-covid. Whereas YVR is the number one originator for WS' Europe flights from YYC, I think I said earlier in here that YEG will likely be #1 for NRT.

Strong originating numbers from YEG on the YYC-NRT flight are a strong point on YEG's résumé for ever getting an Asia flight... I'm not sure I fully understand your wish for it to fail. There is a recurring theme in this thread for an overwhelming desire for YYC to collapse even if it's to the detriment of YEG, so I shouldn't fully be surprised.
I have been to Japan 4 times and anyone that has would rather connect in YVR to Haneda than Narita which is quite a way from central Tokyo. I see Delta is beefing up its Asia flights from SEA and we can hope we get a second and third Alaska flight that will give us some more options. Be interesting to see all the flights from airlines on the West coast as well as YYC to see which are more convenient - taking into account we have US Border control at YEG so popping over to SFO or SEA is a one stop just like YYC. Calgaryplanes is spewing utter nonsense stating that by going through YYC this will help Edmonton. WS is giving YEG a pittance of domestic flights and few to the US. EdmontonIan’s see WS what it is - an eastern Canadian corporation fixated on WS being centralized at YYC and crumbs. elsewhere. Calgaryplanes is a shill for all things Calgary and WS.

There seems to be a lot of those YYC shills on here. One would think they are being paid by their airport authority….why else would they be so adamant about the promotion of said airport? We don’t go there and promote all things YEG…..we definitely don’t go on their fLamers sub forum and spew the fact that their excuse for a hockey team has been sold to the Rockets owner and that due diligence is just about complete before an announcement is made

I have been to Japan 4 times and anyone that has would rather connect in YVR to Haneda than Narita which is quite a way from central Tokyo.
So what? Because you've been to Japan before, WestJet's flight will fail?

YYC-NRT doesn't "help" YEG, but doesn't really hurt it. I stand by the statement that this provides additional data points to network planners about YEG-originating traffic heading for Asia.

It's only a positive for YEG to be #1 in this metric.

Last edited:
You're saying the WS NRT flight is primarily Japanese tourists visiting Banff? I'd have to check PDEW but I can't imagine HKG is the #1 Asian destination out of YEG.

Edmonton has a significant Chinese population, but very few Japanese.

Banff is a MAJOR destination for Japanese tourists.

A+B=C

Back