• I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Interesting.

Kyle Mortson
• 2nd
High Rise Surveyor/Layout Expert/Consultant/Trainer
1w • Edited

The power of Augmented Reality brings designs to life! Explore multiple design concepts on the proposed build site - Connect Architects, Owners, General Contractors and Shareholders to make more informed decisions on design to planning to construction.

View attachment 458362

Turning torso tower would be a very nice addition. Obviously this is just massing but I like the unique shape.

Interesting.

Kyle Mortson
• 2nd
High Rise Surveyor/Layout Expert/Consultant/Trainer
1w • Edited

The power of Augmented Reality brings designs to life! Explore multiple design concepts on the proposed build site - Connect Architects, Owners, General Contractors and Shareholders to make more informed decisions on design to planning to construction.

View attachment 458362

Looks really cool but I promise you the building will not look like that

The idea of development is exciting, but the rough illustration makes me nervous; this is a primo spot IMO and a nicely symmetrical shape would real accentuate both the landscape and structure. Knowing that particular spot inside out in my head, an almond/eye shape configuration would be really exquisite for that corner-preferably glazing or high end panels akin to "Encore"...🙏

1719104882987.png

1719104898602.png
1719105019567.png

Last edited:
The views from this building will be incredible if it's built. It looks like it is planned to have elevators closest to Jasper Ave to maximize the river valley view. This essentially turns the building's back to Jasper Avenue. While this is potentially great for living, I think it's important to have some CRU engagement along the avenue.

This is one of those lots that has no downside to approval. The tax revenue will be huge, and it's killing surface parking while also increasing the core's housing stock. Much better than the applications that often request to tear down a perfectly functional building.

The views from this building will be incredible if it's built. It looks like it is planned to have elevators closest to Jasper Ave to maximize the river valley view. This essentially turns the building's back to Jasper Avenue. While this is potentially great for living, I think it's important to have some CRU engagement along the avenue.

This is one of those lots that has no downside to approval. The tax revenue will be huge, and it's killing surface parking while also increasing the core's housing stock. Much better than the applications that often request to tear down a perfectly functional building.
This building has actually gone for re-approval numerous times.

This is one of those the city is trying to hard buildings. The developer is pretty frustrated with the city due to this building. They had initially wanted to have shovels in the ground for over 2 years now

From the article:

The tower would house 224 residential units — one-bedrooms, one-bedrooms plus den, two-bedrooms, and three-bedrooms — atop commercial space on the ground floor. Four retail units would front Jasper Avenue, while a restaurant would sit along the southwest corner of the building, facing the Victoria Golf Course.

I love the corner restaurant idea, would easily be one of the best patios in the city!

Most of the comments on Engaged are in support as well, with the odd person whining about parking as usual. Hope to see this one go ahead!

From the article:

The tower would house 224 residential units — one-bedrooms, one-bedrooms plus den, two-bedrooms, and three-bedrooms — atop commercial space on the ground floor. Four retail units would front Jasper Avenue, while a restaurant would sit along the southwest corner of the building, facing the Victoria Golf Course.

I love the corner restaurant idea, would easily be one of the best patios in the city!

Most of the comments on Engaged are in support as well, with the odd person whining about parking as usual. Hope to see this one go ahead!

Nice to see members of the SRC Community posting on the Engaged Edmonton page.

When I left my comment over the weekend the few posts already there were all opposed. 😂

Nice to see members of the SRC Community posting on the Engaged Edmonton page.

When I left my comment over the weekend the few posts already there were all opposed. 😂
The Pearl "investor" is deranged. The entitlement one has to have to buy in a massive tower that's a first for the area before complaining about a similarly sized neighbouring tower is crazy to me.

Back