What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
No @westcoastjos I do have child (1) -- she is my retirement plan ;) If the City ops for a box (containing the interior stuff -- not ball diamonds, etc.), then they are not going to save any money unless they get rid of some of the pool amenities, spas, etc. The building form is not the expensive part -- the interior functions are (again omitting concerns for the exterior elements). If it is just "space" that they want to adjust, I am pretty sure there are a number of vacant buildings in the area that could be leased.

1575580855739.png

@StopDropandLOL No idea what you mean

@KyleBlanchett I can see that, I imagine once all this is over we're going to need infrastructure spending the likes of which would make even Keynes blush to get our economy back on track, assuming we event want the economy to look anything like it once did (personally I'm hoping we see at least a few changes to it first).

There are a few projects I know of that are in holding pattern, but they are expansion projects. there is still design work moving forward, (knock on wood). Also working of a couple of RFP today. everything is moving but with the expectation that there will be a hold.

Lewis Farms rec centre finally gets nod from Edmonton city council

While I'm glad west end residents have a facility like this coming in, I can't say I'm particularly thrilled on the far-flung location and having it be away from transit. It attracts growth in the wrong area (IMO) and continues to promote sprawl.
Totally. This needs to be one of the last. Sadly it was planned out long ago and plans can't be changed. The right way to do this would have been having it next to to the LRT, along with a high school and some mid rises with shopping below. Could have created a community center node linked to transit that would redeem the sprawling west end.

But no. Just a bunch of strip malls, surface parking, empty buses, lane widening, and the usual...

Back