What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
My wife and I took a different bus to work today and it drove past this development. I asked my wife what she thought and she said "Wow cool, looks like Europe."

I just looked at her like
1581722293701.png

^If the shops were even just street facing with the parking in back it'd've been pretty nice, I still don't think I'd be thrilled with the out-of-place European pastiche look, but it would have made a very positive addition overall.

@Calfaer I love how that pic now shows up as the first image on the Manchester Square database entry, it's very appropriate lmao

^If the shops were even just street facing with the parking in back it'd've been pretty nice, I still don't think I'd be thrilled with the out-of-place European pastiche look, but it would have made a very positive addition overall.

@Calfaer I love how that pic now shows up as the first image on the Manchester Square database entry, it's very appropriate lmao
agreed! Having the stores facing the street would be nicer, but having a square, like that review video guy said, would make it a bit more european and actually nice. Overall, I still prefer it to a regular looking strip mall, at least it gives me some laughs whenever I pass by.

@gmqYEG Welcome to the Forum!
@Daveography Thanks! I have been following the forum for a while, but only now I feel like I know the city enough to contribute!

Now, regarding this monstrosity being built, I can think of a million ways of making it better, but saddly, I don`t think it would make it effectively good, the fake look is just hideous.

Watch... counter to all rational thought and architectural purism, this abomination is going to be one of the most successful financial developments in Edmonton's history -- somebody shoot me if this proves to be true.
They are going to have to lease this out at bargain prices - poor time to be completing retail real estate.

I'm sure it wasn't a costly build and I remember the warehouse in the area wasn't great thus I believe they only paid land value and maintained the foundation and frame of the building so I'm sure the actual cap rate once fully lease will be close to 8% with lower risk because it is quite close to downtown.

Back