News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

No one mentioned Iron Horse lol. I worked at Julio’s and it was the same owner as iron horse and billiards, so we were allowed to run a tab up to 50 bucks and get 50 percent off at iron horse and billiards club. West ed also had Escape and Fever for a bit. Escape had foam parties. Mondays we used to go to Druid for wing night and trivia, and then over to Buddies for amateur strip night lol.
I don’t think these were mentioned so far:
The attic
funky Buddha
Wooly bully’s
Lucky 13 (bar none bar code?)
New city on jasper
The armoury
Y afterhours
Black dog
Filthys
Sherlock’s
Cowboys and whatever was beside cowboys
Devlins

If you want good dancing, good vibes and very interesting people watching go to Evolution. I swear it’s like 50% straight people there now…especially on game nights. On the rocks Thursday for Latin night. Azucar Saturdays. Also, I always had fun at my neighbourhood pub Rosario’s

No one mentioned Iron Horse lol. I worked at Julio’s and it was the same owner as iron horse and billiards, so we were allowed to run a tab up to 50 bucks and get 50 percent off at iron horse and billiards club. West ed also had Escape and Fever for a bit. Escape had foam parties. Mondays we used to go to Druid for wing night and trivia, and then over to Buddies for amateur strip night lol.
I don’t think these were mentioned so far:
The attic
funky Buddha
Wooly bully’s
Lucky 13 (bar none bar code?)
New city on jasper
The armoury
Y afterhours
Black dog
Filthys
Sherlock’s
Cowboys and whatever was beside cowboys
Devlins

If you want good dancing, good vibes and very interesting people watching go to Evolution. I swear it’s like 50% straight people there now…especially on game nights. On the rocks Thursday for Latin night. Azucar Saturdays. Also, I always had fun at my neighbourhood pub Rosario’s
Same! I worked at the one in West Ed for a few short months in 2003. I took full advantage of that discount many times—including for a couple of months after I quit when it still somehow worked. lol.

I spent at least some time at pretty much every place on your list. A lot of Sundays at Funky Buddha for karaoke and I still stop in at Rosario's a few times a year.

Same! I worked at the one in West Ed for a few short months in 2003. I took full advantage of that discount many times—including for a couple of months after I quit when it still somehow worked. lol.

I spent at least some time at pretty much every place on your list. A lot of Sundays at Funky Buddha for karaoke and I still stop in at Rosario's a few times a year.
I worked at all three Julio’s. Started at the mall then moved to west end and whyte. But I must have been there just after you. I think I started first or second year of uni, so either 04 or 05. I also worked briefly at kings knight pub that someone here had mentioned. Getting sexually harassed by old ladies grabbing me while I was carrying beer cases above my head through a crowded bar on ladies night lol

@IanO Which one was fluid? 109 and jasper?

I worked at all three Julio’s. Started at the mall then moved to west end and whyte. But I must have been there just after you. I think I started first or second year of uni, so either 04 or 05. I also worked briefly at kings knight pub that someone here had mentioned. Getting sexually harassed by old ladies grabbing me while I was carrying beer cases above my head through a crowded bar on ladies night lol

@IanO Which one was fluid? 109 and jasper?
I spent an obscene amount of time at Kings Knight from about 2003 until they closed and became a temporary latin club while they rebranded to JET.

Jasper Ave west of 116 St, behind Betty's Corner. Dunno if it's still open or not.

20240330_151348.jpg

I had no idea where to post this so I figured here kind of works.

Does anyone know why Edmonton doesn't have ANY hotels with outdoor pools? I've thought about this in the past but was reminded about it again recently from a post on Reddit (I think) where someone asked if there were any hotels in the city where they could take a staycation to lounge outside by the pool. All the responses were people wishing there was something but they'd need to go to Calgary. Calgary has at least two and I think one of them is even heated in the winter. How great would it have been if the JW had included a Vegas-style pool club? I guarantee that place would be packed all summer long. Heat it in the winter, add fire tables to the pool deck, serve warm food and hot drinks and show hockey games on the big screen. Our outdoor public pools are nice, but I'd love to be able to openly have a drink while dipping my feet in the pool. Even at the private Lake Summerside they are ridiculously militant about any alcohol getting past those gates and if you do happen to get some through they have people scanning the beach and picnic areas to make sure no one has a beer with their lunch (yes, I know this from experience).

There used to be one at the Caravan (Holiday Inn).

But yes, there is room and a market for a semi-enclosed indoor/outdoor pool, hot tub.

I had no idea where to post this so I figured here kind of works.

Does anyone know why Edmonton doesn't have ANY hotels with outdoor pools? I've thought about this in the past but was reminded about it again recently from a post on Reddit (I think) where someone asked if there were any hotels in the city where they could take a staycation to lounge outside by the pool. All the responses were people wishing there was something but they'd need to go to Calgary. Calgary has at least two and I think one of them is even heated in the winter. How great would it have been if the JW had included a Vegas-style pool club? I guarantee that place would be packed all summer long. Heat it in the winter, add fire tables to the pool deck, serve warm food and hot drinks and show hockey games on the big screen. Our outdoor public pools are nice, but I'd love to be able to openly have a drink while dipping my feet in the pool. Even at the private Lake Summerside they are ridiculously militant about any alcohol getting past those gates and if you do happen to get some through they have people scanning the beach and picnic areas to make sure no one has a beer with their lunch (yes, I know this from experience).
The reason why we fly to the desert……hotels with pools…..lol

Back