News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Give him a fresh start to find his game away from the pressure, media and fan attention of a hockey crazed market trying to win a Stanley Cup. Now I don't know Nurse or what he's feeling like, but the level of criticism he faces for his contract and sub-par play is very similar (if not more intense) that Larsson who was very happy to leave Edmonton for a fresh start in upstart Seattle.

I do get your point though, and San Jose would definitely be a harder sell than Seattle at this moment. I think he wouldn't be too opposed to the idea though, considering how much he gets clowned on non-stop.

Sorry to say it - but Nurse being moved is an absolute pipe dream. Besides the fact he is owed 30 million over the next 3 years, with a No-Move-Clause, he is best friends with McDavid. If you want any chance of keeping Connor, you find a way to figure it out. A new GM coming in this summer will be highly unlikely to make any big moves, it'll be work around the edges.

Some news from around the NHL today:

Fanatics has officially taken over from Adidas as the jersey provider for the NHL. What this means moving forward: for now, things are staying pretty much the same, the only changes are the removal of the shoulder dimples from the AdiZero jerseys, a slight change to the NHL crest on the jerseys and of course the Fanatics logo on the back as opposed to the Adidas one. For at least the first year, there shouldn't be too many changes from Adidas, the jerseys are still being made in the same factory and with the same template as Adidas. This may change in their second year, as the same thing happened between Reebok and Adidas, where Adidas stuck with the Reebok Edge template until their second year as manufacturer, before developing their own. However, based on what Fanatics has been saying, I anticipate they will stick with the Adidas template, or make only tiny, minor changes as the AdiZero jerseys were very popular among both fans and players.

You can now buy the actual, game worn jerseys off the shelves. In addition to the 3 tiers of jerseys you could previously buy. It will cost more, but it is nice to know that if you want to spend the extra money, you can get the actual jersey worn by the players on the ice. You could not do this with Adidas or Reebok.

All teams, except for Utah released their new jerseys for next year. Pretty much the whole NHL remained the same, barring the two Socal teams who have both gone to altered versions of old looks.

These are the new Kings jerseys, which I think are excellent.
KingNewJerseys.jpg

They've essentially just gone to the old Gretzky era jersey, but they've made some changes to the crest that I really like and I think make the whole thing look more cohesive. I know a lot of people wanted to see them go back to the classic Purple and Yellow colour scheme, but to me these are better and probably my favorite Kings jerseys in their history with the changes to the crest.

DucksNewJersey.jpg

Here's the Ducks home, I couldn't find a great picture of the Away, though I actually do like the white jersey better. I have mixed feelings about this one. It looks great as a whole and is a massive improvement over their current look which is one of the worst in the league. I like it overall but have some minor issues. These jerseys are very, very orange this could either look great or awful, I'll have to wait until I see them on the ice. The orange is a bit overwhelming. I'm not sure I'm sold on the orange eye in the logo yet, the other changes to the logo are positive ones imo. I absolutely love the font, they went for a drop shadow font ala New York Rangers and it is stunning. Definitely the best number kit on any active uniform, looks even better in orange on the away jersey.

Both of these are major improvements, these were two of the teams most in need of a shakeup. I think I like the Kings one better, but I'll have to wait till I see them on the ice to know for sure.

We will probably see Utah's jerseys in person for the first time at the draft on Friday.

Last edited:
^Anaheim are doing orange gloves, pants and socks too...
This is what what I'm worried about, may or may not be too much orange with the pants, socks, etc. Will need to see it on the ice. Black may have been a better choice, at least for the helmet and gloves. Jersey by itself is fine orange.

Just realized I wrote jersey instead of uniform. I basically use them interchangeably sometimes and it gets confusing. I'm mainly commenting on the amount of orange in the entire uniform being overpowering, not the the jersey specifically.

Last edited:
EDMONTON, AB – Edmonton Oilers CEO of Hockey Operations Jeff Jackson has released the following statement regarding President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Ken Holland:

"The Edmonton Oilers and Ken Holland have mutually agreed that his contract will not be extended beyond the end of its current term. Over the past five seasons as General Manager, Ken has not only built the Edmonton Oilers into one of the NHL's best teams, he has also established a deeply rooted foundation of success and a culture of winning that will continue well into the future. Thanks in large part to Ken's outstanding work, Edmonton has become a destination city for players around the National Hockey League. We wish Ken, Cindi and his entire family the very best and thank him for his leadership and contributions to the Oilers organization and the City of Edmonton."

Draft coming up tomorrow:

I have no idea who the Oilers should take at 64th. Personally I think they should move the pick as a sweetener for a team to take on a bad contract. I have barely paid attention to this draft class when compared to previous years. But I'm gonna take a crack at a mock draft for the top 10.

Note: These are not who I would take at this spot, but who I think the teams will take at that spot.

1. San Jose Sharks: C | Macklin Celebrini
Easy pick first overall. From what I've seen of him, he projects as an excellent, two-way centre that doesn't necessarily have any stand out skills, but just does everything very, very well. I've seen comparisons to a Sydney Crosby (in terms of playstyle, not callibre) or Jonathan Toews (more callibre than playstyle).

2. Chicago Blackhawks: D | Artyom Levshunov
I think Ivan Demidov might have higher potential out of these two, but I think Chicago is going to be favoring the defenseman here. Their only really great defensive prospect is Kevin Korchinski, who is good but by no means the #1 defenseman of the future. Levshunov is probably that guy.

3: Anaheim Ducks: RW | Ivan Demidov
The Ducks would love to have taken Levshunov considering the amount of forwards they already have in their system as opposed to defense but I think if Demidov falls to 3rd, they would have to pick him. He has elite offensive talent and is a high end scorer.

4: Columbus Blue Jackets: C | Cayden Lindstrom
I see the Jackets taking Lindstrom at 4th and head into the future with a one-two centre punch of him and Adam Fantilli.

5: Montreal Canadiens: D | Anton Silayev
If Silayev is available here, I think Montreal definitely takes him. They have a pretty solid defensive prospect core with players like Lane Hutson and David Reinbacher, but I think adding Silayev will cement MTL's D-core for years to come.

6: Utah Hockey Club: D | Sam Dickinson
Some rankings have this guy in the top 4. I think Utah will jump at the chance to add a blue chip offensive defenseman to their prospect pool. Especially considering they have 0 defensemen signed into next year, and this is definitely their biggest area of need.

7: Ottawa Senators: D | Zeev Buium
Yet another D-Man, a lot of high end defensemen available here. I think Ottawa will favour defensemen and I like the match between them and Buium.

8: Seattle Kraken: LW | Cole Eiserman
I think Seattle's gonna go a little off the board here and reach a little bit on a player that was once projected to go as high as 2nd in previous years. Eiserman is easily the best shooter in the draft, which is definitely something Seattle will be interested in. He make take a bit longer to develop, but I think Seattle will be okay with that.

9: Calgary Flames: LW | Tij Iginla
Was there ever any doubt? I don't think Iginla is a top 10 talent, I would put him at 15-20 but Calgary with this pick is almost certainly going to take Iginla for the vibes.

10: New Jersey Devils: C | Konsta Helenius
Helenius, a bit like Eiserman has fallen a lot, but I like him and I like his game. I think the Devils will like his play. They will probably want to move him to the wing as their centre core is totally locked up with Hughes and Hischier.

Why spend the money on a new scoreboard only to blow it up in 4 years? "Expected to start construction later this year...," on the new fLamers arena..." Hmmmmm.........

Last edited:

Back