^
The Ashbourne Seniors Residences across the street was recently sold and residents are being moved out. New owners want to redevelop the site, so we may see something proposed there at some point
That's wicked. Honestly, I hope they rebuild it as another senior home, maybe with more elevation this time. Need just as much senior housing as we do student housing in the next few decades, and being right across from the U of A hospital is a big plus.

Capture.PNG

First time I've seen a price tag attached.....good to know....

That's wicked. Honestly, I hope they rebuild it as another senior home, maybe with more elevation this time. Need just as much senior housing as we do student housing in the next few decades, and being right across from the U of A hospital is a big plus.

Some additional context.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9936347/...ors said,Chris Bruce, Ashbourne board advisor.

"It will be closing at the end of November as the new owner doesn’t want to operate the building as an assisted living facility"

I think based on this it seems unlikely we'll see the use for this site stay as is. Not including this building, there are 3 other senior residences nearby within 3 blocks from here, so the area is not exactly underserved either.

Another 20+ of these, please sir!

This building is gorgeous

It's good mid-rise density, for sure. Plop a few of these within a block of Whyte, around the Warehouse District, in Blatchford, in West Oliver, and around Stadium LRT. Oh and do this instead of whatever Regency is doing to Holyrood, for the love of god.

I wonder what rents they will charge for this? If typical market rates then there is no reason why other developers couldn't build something of similar quality and style in other areas of the city.

I'd bet that they have to be in the $2.50+/sqft which is pushing the market and demand for certain product types, but given the area, hospital, wealthy students, it should do well.

Back