What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ok, SMRTs... folklore toid(multiple independent sources) has told me that there was to have been a Playboy(R) bar and restaurant on the mezzanine level and that plans exist to this day.

It was a corporate HQ for a midstream O&G company in early 1980s Edmonton. You could have told me Pablo Escobar himself was at the ribbon cutting ceremony and I’d believe it.

Can anyone confirm or deny the above though?
I can say this much. Wayne Scott was an American by citizenship (left Edmonton and relocated to Boston; we did a lot of work with him while he was in Edmonton). He talked a lot (actually "hyped" is more accurately the word) about a major club being ensconced on the lower floors of the tower. In our proposal we did the preliminary design drawings for a disco-like club (remember those days) and Wayne said that he would try to interest NYC-based Studio 54 to operate the facility. He may have compared the concept to the Playboy Club -- that I cannot confirm -- but our design model was based on Studio 54. The "hype" part came to no end -- Wayne had no financial interest in the building other than that of Architect.

Interesting. Even though it didn't happen years ago, someone should really take that Studio 54 idea and run with it. If there are problems with the name, how about Studio 53?

It would have fit in well with the hotel idea.

Awesome!
---
RJC Engineers22,396 followers2d • Edited • 2 days ago
Follow
Summiting the peak of ‘Peak Tower’ (formerly Enbridge Building) is not for the faint of heart! Getting to the top is worth it for the great views though!

In 1981, Nick Trovato, Managing Principal, was part of the original design team for this building. 41 years later, he’s still involved, taking on the most arduous and jaw-dropping site work! Nick and Caitlin Vail performed a review of the Fall Protection System, climbing a 39m ladder to the top, 23 storeys up!

---

Back