Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
The completed sign via @konanzandco:
244648589_579206573133384_2487240838329581914_n.jpg

The only thing not to love is the emptiness of The Quarters... Aka the slowest moving redevelopment in a city with more dreams than viable schemes. My heart breaks seeing beautifully restored and constructed architecture rotting away... The same way seeing Commonwealth Stadium empty is as well... Especially because of the "unpleasantness" over FIFA that just went down... (insert meme of Reese Witherspoon in Election about how I feel on the matter...) "NOPE! DIDN'T BOTHER ME AT ALL!" ;-)

Reactions: God
Pendennis Building54 followers7m • 7 minutes ago

A new experience.

The Pendennis is currently hosting a new design experience. The space on our 3rd floor has been transformed into a WorkBetterLab - a prototype for what the workplace of the future will be.

Working with @rgo.ca and @steelcase - they have created the WorkBetterLab to display an interactive experience for leaders, architects, designers and planners to explore the innovative solutions that are available when it comes to creating the changing needs for workplace design.

Want to book a tour? Visit https://workbetterlab.ca/

The only thing not to love is the emptiness of The Quarters... Aka the slowest moving redevelopment in a city with more dreams than viable schemes. My heart breaks seeing beautifully restored and constructed architecture rotting away... The same way seeing Commonwealth Stadium empty is as well... Especially because of the "unpleasantness" over FIFA that just went down... (insert meme of Reese Witherspoon in Election about how I feel on the matter...) "NOPE! DIDN'T BOTHER ME AT ALL!" ;-)
Ain't that the truth. The entire stretch from 9Triple8 to Hat has been significantly commercially redeveloped and had gorgeous new infrastructure put in place, resulting in a whole lot of nothing.

If you build it ... the thinking is they will come. I am an optimist, so I think they eventually will, however, that doesn't mean they will come quickly.

It is great improvements and development are happening in the area, but I think the area has been over hyped by some, such as the city, who underestimate the time and effort involved for that to happen.

While I'm not surprised to see people posting and reposting information on a whim in an attempt to appear to be informed, this one is really over the top.

Not only is this over the top, it's downright harmful in it's inaccuracy. That brochure is so old you should be thoroughly embarrassed to have posted it here like this.

The Pendennis Hotel was purchased out of UCAMA's judicial sale/receivership by LEDR in 2019 and they have since spent more than another $10M completing the shell in what is a truly spectacular building.

They are working on some really exciting things in addition to hosting the current short term Steel Case exhibition and we hope to be their neighbors for a long time if things work out for us.

It is NOT under Judicial Sale/Receivership.

While I'm not surprised to see people posting and reposting information on a whim in an attempt to appear to be informed, this one is really over the top.

Not only is this over the top, it's downright harmful in it's inaccuracy. That brochure is so old you should be thoroughly embarrassed to have posted it here like this.

The Pendennis Hotel was purchased out of UCAMA's judicial sale/receivership by LEDR in 2019 and they have since spent more than another $10M completing the shell in what is a truly spectacular building.

They are working on some really exciting things in addition to hosting the current short term Steel Case exhibition and we hope to be their neighbors for a long time if things work out for us.

It is NOT under Judicial Sale/Receivership.

I was not aware of the inaccuracy of it nor that it was old. was posting AYs brochure. glad it is not in receivership, they should revise their marketing materials.

Last edited:
I was not aware of the inaccuracy of it nor that it was old. was posting AYs brochure. glad it is not in receivership, they should revise their marketing materials.
Not to belabour the point but “not aware” is not good enough. And don’t blame AY…. It was accurate four years ago when AY had the listing and successfully sold it to LEDR after which it was removed from their website.

You didn’t get this from AY and your link isn’t to their site but to some random cloud aggregating site. You might as well post a newspaper headline saying “Dewey Defeats Truman”. Even the photographs should have raised a question in your mind based on this thread alone.

Lastly, you didn’t even post this asking: “is this true?”; “is this current?”; or “does anyone know anything about this?” You posted it stating “this is in receivership” as a current fact. And you were wrong.

Not to belabour the point but “not aware” is not good enough. And don’t blame AY…. It was accurate four years ago when AY had the listing and successfully sold it to LEDR after which it was removed from their website.

You didn’t get this from AY and your link isn’t to their site but to some random cloud aggregating site. You might as well post a newspaper headline saying “Dewey Defeats Truman”. Even the photographs should have raised a question in your mind based on this thread alone.

Lastly, you didn’t even post this asking: “is this true?”; “is this current?”; or “does anyone know anything about this?” You posted it stating “this is in receivership” as a current fact. And you were wrong.

my apologies - fair points, should have pulled more of the onion back here.

Back