News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

That`s fine for residential neighborhoods with lots of mature trees such as yours, but what about areas such as downtown, Wihkwentowin, 124 St, Old Strathcona, Strathearn, Ritchie, etc? Moreover, trees may not make a difference when there are landlords and condo building managers who don't allow air conditioners in suites.

Last edited:

Wîhkwêntôwin​

Top 3 neighbourhoods in Canada for livability, baby!

For the average rent in Wihkwentowin and what you get, I'm not surprised at this at all. Can't wait for the spillover of this to downtown in some way 5-10 years down the road.

Generally speaking (to a point) the lower the cap rate the more attractive and in demand it is.

Link to source:
Screenshot 2024-07-17 at 8.45.02 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-07-17 at 8.45.21 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-07-17 at 8.45.37 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-07-17 at 8.45.44 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-07-17 at 8.45.52 AM.png

Edmonton (as with Calgary) has traditionally commanded a premium vis a vis other major centres (although Toronto has been quite high recently due to capacity constraints) due to relatively high comparable wages, oil er 'energy' industry competition for trades/skilled labour (higher wages)/materials and higher transportation costs for materials.

I agree with Ian. The best people in the Alberta construction industry are usually pulled towards the energy or chemical sector.

I don't know how SFHs are going to be scalable compared to multifamily soon. Usually residential is the first thing tradespeople try to escape from, commercial/multifamily construction is the typical destination.

Edmonton greater is also having a few very large scale construction projects happening at once to go along with any new housing starts.

I agree with Ian. The best people in the Alberta construction industry are usually pulled towards the energy or chemical sector.

I don't know how SFHs are going to be scalable compared to multifamily soon. Usually residential is the first thing tradespeople try to escape from, commercial/multifamily construction is the typical destination.

Edmonton greater is also having a few very large scale construction projects happening at once to go along with any new housing starts.
Yes, average wages are higher here for many jobs, certainly including construction. However, not having many other large scale projects happening may help with cost/demand for residential construction.

Back