What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Dwayne's is still a boarded-up and dilapidated eyesore. I thought city council was supposed to slap new taxes on properties such as this?

Another reason why Dwayne's Home needs to be demolished? They need to remove the fencing next to the sidewalk along Bellamy Hill. It's very narrow.

1700860562440.png

So that abandoned hellhole known as Dwayne's Home will never get demolished - am I hearing this right?

I'd like to know if this building has been included in this current higher tax class assessment because if not, that is a complete joke. The state of this building is beyond embarrassing and utterly unacceptable.

For the amount of crap that certain developers/projects on this site get by people (from myself included), the current condition of this building has to be one of the worst if not the worst in the city especially given that it is right downtown.

I'd like to know if this building has been included in this current higher tax class assessment because if not, that is a complete joke. The state of this building is beyond embarrassing and utterly unacceptable.

For the amount of crap that certain developers/projects on this site get by people (from myself included), the current condition of this building has to be one of the worst if not the worst in the city especially given that it is right downtown.
that's a good point! I'd suggest emailing your city council to put it into their radars https://www.edmonton.ca/city_government/city_organization/city-councillors

Did they start pre-demo asbestos abatement that was supposed to occur last spring?

I'm going to contact Anne Stevenson since this building is in her ward.

Anne's office sent me this reply:

This is Robbie from the office of Anne Stevenson. Thank you for reaching out about Dwayne's Home. A demolition permit was approved for Dwayne's Home in September 2022, though unfortunately I cannot provide when the owners will act on the permit. The building has been consistently monitored by Community Standards and Neighbourhoods around securing the site and ensuring it is not a safety risk. I am happy to report that Dwayne's Home is being assessed as a derelict property, so the owners will have a significantly higher tax bill. Hopefully this will provide them adequate incentive.

Last edited:

Back