News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

From Sask Dr. late afternoon.
2019-12-08 022.JPG

You know, as I sit here on my sundeck in Oak View, SoCal, looking at these photos from @Kaizen I can't imagine whatever possessed me to leave Edmonton -- just kidding! I have very clear memories of starting cars where the engine hummed in slow rotations "are you effing kidding me?!" and where the snow was too crystallized to make snowmen (or even snowballs), and where, IF you got the car started, the first half-mile was on "square" tires, and that bone-chilling crunch sound of walking on super-crusted sub-sub-sub-zero-zero-zero snow paths, and the low-hanging visage of a sun that seemed not to radiate any heat whatsoever and only appeared for a few hours each day. It's on these days that the locals say "forget Global Warming -- it ain't happening here!!!" All the more reason for a tightly unified core area where people can congregate in heat-augmented space; all the more reason that we have to graduate to aerogel enabled clothing with super high R-values (showing off our model-like bodies in trim fit and form); all the more reason that we plan vacations in Mexico for mid-January (at least 3 weeks); and all the more reason that we have excellent transit options (right Dave?). Picture me outside my front door blowing warm air in a northerly direction, helping to the best of my ability to ameliorate the situation.

Back