What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Market prices would necessarily put them at or above the $1200, considering that older, non renovated and worse located units in the core are going for $1100 to $1200. But $1300 is attainable and would be a fair, payable price.
"market prices" assumes market costs being met as well. not only is the infrastructure already in place per archited's comments, i can also tell you on reasonably good authority that the underlying land cost - albeit it was incurred some time ago - is substantially below what it would take to acquire it today...

"market prices" assumes market costs being met as well. not only is the infrastructure already in place per archited's comments, i can also tell you on reasonably good authority that the underlying land cost - albeit it was incurred some time ago - is substantially below what it would take to acquire it today...
Oh, definitely. I think you misunderstood me, I don't disagree with either of you. My point is that from a supplier point of view, they'll likely be "pushed" towards an equilibrium point that if above the $1200 mark, essentially as a form of price discrimination. I wouldn't be surprised if they had limited incentives that brought prices even below this mark, in all of the ranges of their suites (not sure what they will look like, but let's say, from bachelor's to 3bdrm) to help them discriminate prices even more and boost the occupancy, making retail tenants happy and all.
In the end, they'll end up in a MUCH better position than the Hat, from any angle you look at it.

I believe this would make a huge difference for the area. Right now the EPCOR is sort of the lone sentinel here. Adding a second building would help this seem more like a larger development, which is what it is supposed to be.

Having residential would be a good mix to compliment EPCOR's more 9 to 5 crowd, it would add more people around before and after the work day.

With the social agencies redeveloping in the area and this project I believe there will be an enhancement to life in the area. Now we just need to get the mental health services back to where they should be.
Where should they be? How about Fort Road ... the downtown core is not the "health zone" it's the bushiness zone. How about up on Fort Road where they are building supportive housing or close to the NE Health Centre so there is emergency services nearby to compliment mental health services..

Where should they be? How about Fort Road ... the downtown core is not the "health zone" it's the bushiness zone. How about up on Fort Road where they are building supportive housing or close to the NE Health Centre so there is emergency services nearby to compliment mental health services..
I don't think services should be concentrated in one area. If that's where all the people in need are then I guess that makes sense, but I'm sure people all over the city need that sort of help. Service concentration is quite the plague on DT right now because of NIMBYers who are happy with having those issues out of sight and out of mind.

I don't think services should be concentrated in one area. If that's where all the people in need are then I guess that makes sense, but I'm sure people all over the city need that sort of help. Service concentration is quite the plague on DT right now because of NIMBYers who are happy with having those issues out of sight and out of mind.
and in their very own downtown ... sadly.

I guess I explained myself. I wasn't asking for a location but for the services to be reinstated by the GoA. Spending a lot of time on my bike in all areas of the city I can attest we need supportive mental health in all locations around the city and Burbs. as well we need addiction clinics in areas around the city.

I guess I explained myself. I wasn't asking for a location but for the services to be reinstated by the GoA. Spending a lot of time on my bike in all areas of the city I can attest we need supportive mental health in all locations around the city and Burbs. as well we need addiction clinics in areas around the city.

Alberta Hospital is in the city. But you know that. So then are you saying you want facilities built or leased all over this city (and in every other one) and not centralized? As well as addiction facilities built or leased all over this city? There is no money in the kitty as Jason and the UCP spent billions of your money on the defunct Keystone boondoggle and his other screw ups and lowering corporate taxes and give aways.

Alberta Hospital is in the city. But you know that. So then are you saying you want facilities built or leased all over this city (and in every other one) and not centralized? As well as addiction facilities built or leased all over this city? There is no money in the kitty as Jason and the UCP spent billions of your money on the defunct Keystone boondoggle and his other screw ups and lowering corporate taxes and give aways.
No need to be harsh on the guy, though... If we're discussing what's ideal, he's not wrong.
But I agree with you that Jason Kenney and his troup of clowns in the UCP have dilapidated Alberta and, even more, Edmonton.

Stationlands North development is out for tender to select trades/scopes, closing September 9. This is one of two towers directly North (tower A) of the Epcor tower, roughly 220 units and 18 stories. The second (Tower B), tower will come later.
Tower A is adjacent to 101 Street, right? If so, I'm glad they are moving that forward first as it will make a larger impact on the streetscape than the taller tower behind.

Heard through the grapevine today about this project.

Ledcor is pricing/repricing the project (or something in that vein), if everything OK it's looking like around November they want to kick this off.

Back