What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
How about a mixed-use tower with an Alt Hotel and an IMAX movie theatre?
Didn't the IMAX previously fall through in Ice District? I'm not sure if already having the nearby movie theatres in City Centre impacted that.

With all the people that have already mentioned Alt here over the years, I am convinced that either that hotel business is not aware of Edmonton or this forum, but perhaps it will happen some day.

1722619738168.png

From a distance, I don't find the design to be anything too spectacular, but the quality of the materials does come off quite nicely at a closer distance.

With all the people that have already mentioned Alt here over the years, I am convinced that either that hotel business is not aware of Edmonton or this forum, but perhaps it will happen some day.
They are definitely aware of Edmonton. In fact, an Alt+ hotel was supposed to go into the abandoned Mackenzie Tower project a mere five years ago. Sadly they haven't returned to try another option. Lost in the haze of the pandemic I suppose.
mac-exteriorfacenew_markedup_2000px-jpg.175574

They are definitely aware of Edmonton. In fact, an Alt+ hotel was supposed to go into the abandoned Mackenzie Tower project a mere five years ago. Sadly they haven't returned to try another option. Lost in the haze of the pandemic I suppose.
mac-exteriorfacenew_markedup_2000px-jpg.175574
Probably a top 5 project I’m sad we never saw built.

Something that was proposed but didn't happen five years ago doesn't say to me that we are high on their radar. Its kind of like the person you were interested in who has ghosted you.

Back