What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Personally I hope the Jasper Ave redo from 109 St to 102 St is delayed until the Valley Line LRT construction is completed. 102 Ave, 103 Ave and 104 Ave are already under construction due to the LRT, therefore I see no benefit in having Jasper Ave under construction at the same time. Of course, some of you guys will always insist that everything must be done right now.

Likely due to logistics, but you could still do part of the area in front of Parks to coordinate.

Jasper Avenue refers has been over a decade already and likely will be two decades to do 15 blocks...

I hope that they consider redoing Jasper from 106-109st while Phase 2 is being constructed as it would be a shame to have construction for the tower and then 2 more years for ripping up Jasper. But given past strategy with Jasper Avenue, I suspect it will be the latter.
That would be too much congestion as the second tower will most likely occupy the inner lane for the north side of Japer. They would have to really coordinate scheduling well.

Likely due to logistics, but you could still do part of the area in front of Parks to coordinate.

Jasper Avenue refers has been over a decade already and likely will be two decades to do 15 blocks...
There’s never a good time, but yeah, 20 years is horrible for our supposed “Main Street”.

Doing it at the same time as the VLW is likely not ideal. But who knows what the future holds?

High level bridge rebuild? Touch the water project impacting river valley road. The upcoming Oliver Neighbourhood Renewal (3 years rebuilding every road and sidewalk…). 104st redo. 109st redo.

There’s always lots needing to be redone and it’s always a nuisance when you never do basic upkeep and don’t invest in your highest revenue producing areas.

Honestly, they need to redo that section ASAP. As a guy who goes there now and then to try the restaurants and go clubbing on that stretch of Jasper, it really is quite unsightly, especially when I'm showing around guests from smaller towns coming up to the big city.

Agree that stretch of Jasper is brutal and a straight up eyesore. I'll never understand why the Jasper Ave revitalization has dragged out many years when this is a project that should've been completed in an aggressive manner (especially during covid) as dragging out the project has left our supposed Main Street into a giant mist mash of old and new sections that lack any cohesiveness and honestly looks like a joke.

Neighbourhood renewal has been chugging along and doing well - why has Jasper ave revitalization become such a debacle.

Well... the 'process' of the 100-102st certainly didn't help. Brutal spec choices by the consultants, terrible way finding and lighting that to this day never got completed (the tusks) that left elements of the base infrastructure incomplete and with plastic/metal conduit poking up but nothing there. The expensive stone choices for benches, sidewalks and lack of ongoing maintenance has made it look like it is in need of a redo only a decade later.

The next phase from 97-100st looks infinitely better and was a far better process.

I get the LRT impact and so practically they can't, but that it will take the better part of a generation to put some membrane, new sidewalks, lights and pavement across 15 blocks is absurd.

I just don't want to see 2-3 years of Parks construction impacting Jasper, it be complete and then 2 yrs of Jasper Avenue in front of it.

Similar to what we have seen around Churchill Square with literally ongoing construction for over 10 years.

Rip the F*##@$#@ing bandaid off.

Agree that stretch of Jasper is brutal and a straight up eyesore. I'll never understand why the Jasper Ave revitalization has dragged out many years when this is a project that should've been completed in an aggressive manner (especially during covid) as dragging out the project has left our supposed Main Street into a giant mist mash of old and new sections that lack any cohesiveness and honestly looks like a joke.

Neighbourhood renewal has been chugging along and doing well - why has Jasper ave revitalization become such a debacle.
I'll jump into imagine jasper ave thread to not derail this, but yeah. The prioirty to redo every fricken sidewalk, alley, road, and park in multiple neighbourhoods while not finishing a 20 block stretch of one of our most visited streets (by foot) is just crazy.

Also, doing 97-100 st before 103-109st is wild to me. Surely the latter is more used and therefore should be prioritized for sake of impact/ROI.

https://edmonton.skyrisecities.com/...ew-vision-imagine-jasper-avenue.24692/page-53

IMG_1897.png

Back