Damn, with those doors those shelters look much bigger than I thought they were!

I don’t understand what genius designs these shelters so that those automatic doors are constantly being triggered. Once you’re in, you have to do your best mannequin impression to not trigger the door yourself. Then hope no one walks by or tries to join you, releasing any minuscule amount of heat that may have started accumulating.

Either that or the sensitivity will be set so low that you'll have to do a little dance right in front of the door in order to get it to open at all.
I don’t understand what genius designs these shelters so that those automatic doors are constantly being triggered. Once you’re in, you have to do your best mannequin impression to not trigger the door yourself. Then hope no one walks by or tries to join you, releasing any minuscule amount of heat that may have started accumulating.
I think the sliding automatic option is the best accessible door option for this use. The typical button-activated power doors we see are waayyyyyy too slow to be used here and would allow more heat to escape then the sliding doors, imo.

Placement/orientation of the doors is the issue. I did a super quick layout lol. Recessed so it’s not activated by people passing on the platform, and interior sensor away from where people are standing. I’m no engineer, so I’m sure someone educated could come up with something better than my 30 second drawing lol.
A3E499CC-1F05-41A9-84D7-8028E40B206C.png

Thank you for saying that @archited . I love getting out and taking a good look at what's around, especially in the sub-tropical weather we've enjoyed over the past while, lol.
I must say though, that I'm thankful for the conversations/info posted on Skyrise that has revitalized my love of architecture and community. That's been a gift.

Back