@CplKlinger Nice pics! Yeah haha, it's never happened to me personally but I've seen more than a few railfanning vids online where the people documenting the trains, stations. etc. were given strange looks and/or told to leave by security or, even worse, yelled at by randos thinking that they were filming them specifically (for some reason). I think most people don't really get having an interest in just watching trains go by or riding the train just for enjoyment of it, and don't see how groups like us can spend so much time talking about and looking at photos and videos of construction projects, but I guess that's how it is 🙃 I know for me, looking at these things getting built over years and then finally seeing the end product (or using it in this case) within our city gives me this nice, warm feeling of contentment that's hard to replicate elsewhere.
Wouldn't surprise me that they have increased security. The drone footage on the last page looked pretty close and directly over the bridge. A lot of people that take drone shots don't follow nav canada rules or get permission from companies to do so beforehand.

Every time I see this I want to make a batch of t-shirts.

'Efficient-Modern transportation to North Haverbrook and Ogdenville!'

LRT t-shirt.png

Last edited:
ATTENTION FORUMERS!

TransEd is going to be doing something of a tour of the new Gerry Wright Operations and Maintenance Facility within the next couple of weeks. Unfortunately (for me at least) due to our current state of COVID it won't be me doing the tour, but their reps have reached out and wanted me to gather any questions we may have about the new facility and about the LRVs (of which they have taken possession of nearly all of them now). They have also offered to take photo requests if there's anything specific inside the facility or about the cars that we want to see (if possible; some parts of the facility may not be accessible yet due to ongoing construction).

Please DM me your questions and photo requests by end of day Thursday, January 28, so I can send them to the team on Friday morning.

84F7A99B-2EBB-4146-AAB9-1625CE2E8559.jpeg
Hard to tell in this image, but easy to discern in person,the rail on the left is at least 2” higher than the rail on the right.
I suppose its necessary to impart the correct amount of ”lean” into the curve at the bottom of Connors Hill.

Honestly would be that silly of an idea to put 2 TVs inside and in the window of that Churchill connector building that show Arrivals and schedules for trains on both levels? Along with some couches and tables?? 😀

If you are Getting on or getting off of a westbound valley line train, then it should be a pretty quick jaunt from capital line. But if you are getting on or getting off an east bound... could be a bit dodgy.
(especially if there’s one or more trains sitting at, or coming into the Churchill stop.)

Back