What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
It may appear slow, but does anyone have knowledge of the dynamics they might have to deal with? By tradition, it does appear to crawl from the technical standard of construction...but there are constraints with direct train line construction which abuts right next to their sight or an existing portion that has extreme costly sensitive instruments that one has to be mindful of. I can't imagine much wiggle room for laydowns just to start out let alone other circumstances. Now, factor in ingress and egress during the day time for materials at this particularly juncture. How fantastic to navigate trucks in a zone with such constraints and busy arteries...

It may appear slow, but does anyone have knowledge of the dynamics they might have to deal with? By tradition, it does appear to crawl from the technical standard of construction...but there are constraints with direct train line construction which abuts right next to their sight or an existing portion that has extreme costly sensitive instruments that one has to be mindful of. I can't imagine much wiggle room for laydowns just to start out let alone other circumstances. Now, factor in ingress and egress during the day time for materials at this particularly juncture. How fantastic to navigate trucks in a zone with such constraints and busy arteries...
And for the most part you may be correct but with that said this project is moving quite slow.

Wow I thought everyone would be delighted to see progress after years of delay but no. Bitch, bitch, bitch.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad it's moving forward but according to the date stated we are 3 years already and still at least another half to full year more.baaed on the progress. Considering this is a venue I work in I want the building to be back up and running to it's max, which it can't right now. Even if the loading docks a completed I'd be glad because then we can load shows in normally

It could be that they are slow-walking the project because some key deliverables that are on the critical path are forthcoming but not in the near term.

Reactions: God
At t risk of ruining anyones day more progress.
BF4A01F2-186C-43A1-86F8-FDB47748E8B1.jpeg
B9D2BCCC-1C87-435A-993A-F07DF2EAF107.jpeg

excavation started Aug 29, 2019. you do the math.
Ok... and earth formed billions of years ago. She is what she is as there must be reasons for it because no sane company would perform in that manner. Bread and butter wouldn't be afforded for you would be bankrupted.

With the same architect -- Andrew Bromberg -- the building underwent 4 design iterations that I am aware of (the first one before construction began; the next 3 after construction began). That and COVID caused the first slow-downs. There are some very unique structural components to this building and it may be that they are being built at a remote location (SE Asia?) and the cross-Pacific transportation snarl-up may have created a backlog for site deliverables.

With the same architect -- Andrew Bromberg -- the building underwent 4 design iterations that I am aware of (the first one before construction began; the next 3 after construction began). That and COVID caused the first slow-downs. There are some very unique structural components to this building and it may be that they are being built at a remote location (SE Asia?) and the cross-Pacific transportation snarl-up may have created a backlog for site deliverables.
Are you referring to the materials for the stone roof? That seemed to be quite a unique material choice for Edmonton that may not be sourced locally.

Back