News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 10.36.41 AM.png

^ wow! I am shocked with the pace of population growth we had a decline in any age groups (especially those most likely to be seeking affordable housing options.

I looked at the Alberta Interactive Health Data Application, and there been increases for Edmonton and Calgary Health Zones (Close to the CMAs) in these age groups from 2018 to 2023.

^ wow! I am shocked with the pace of population growth we had a decline in any age groups (especially those most likely to be seeking affordable housing options.
This includes 2018-2021. Remember how sluggish things were in Alberta back then?

Oof. It feels like yesterday when I started this thread and I was excited when we hit 1 million, now it feels like we'll be pushing 1.2 million (city proper) by the end of the year at this rate.

I had a sense we were growing at a slower rate than Calgary but that is a pretty big gap in growth rate. Also a bit shocked to see how far behind Ottawa we are. Fun to see the numbers but always leaves you wanting knowing it's almost been a year since this measurement was accurate.

I had a sense we were growing at a slower rate than Calgary but that is a pretty big gap in growth rate. Also a bit shocked to see how far behind Ottawa we are. Fun to see the numbers but always leaves you wanting knowing it's almost been a year since this measurement was accurate.
Ottawa-Gatineau*

We’re ahead of Ottawa on the Ontario side.
Yeah, going from like 60k behind to Calgary to well over 100k is too bad. Was hoping we’d close the gap on those suckers!

Back