News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Here are my plans for a future High Level Bridge:

1. Retain the High Level Bridge as a MUP on the main level and the streetcar and rail on the top level.
2. Build a new 2-way 4 lane 1-level bridge east of the High Level Bridge for vehicular traffic that will include 18-wheelers and public transit. May wanna include MUPs on this new bridge if necessary.
3. North of the High Level Bridge, transform the west side of 109 St into a pedestrian plaza.
4. North of the High Level Bridge, the east side of 109 St should be changed from a 1-way road into a 2-way road, using a small strip of land from the Legislature grounds.
5. North of the bridges, replace that dog's breakfast of roads into a roundabout that services 109 St and 97 Ave.
6. South of the bridges, install another roundabout that services 109 St NB/SB, Saskatchewan Drive (1 way or 2 way), Walterdale Hill Road (1 way or 2 way) and 88 Ave.
7. Widen the MUPs south of the bridges.

View attachment 393828

View attachment 393829

Feel free to incorporate HSR into my High Level Bridge plans.

That's a waste of a stop if you want anything resembling a higher speed train. No density either.

I agree that it prob won't end up being the location of that stop (these aren't even concept plans, keep in mind). They'll either move it south to 23rd Ave (most likely, with all the services and density in the vicinity and the more southern location) or north near the Whitemud (less likely).

You would need a major transit station for crossover and I just cannot see that for 25-50 yrs.

That's a waste of a stop if you want anything resembling a higher speed train. No density either.
There'll be passing tracks so not all trains will stop there anyways
I think the idea is that the station itself will be the catalyst for density and connections:
media_FLYbAN3VQAAd4-4.png
Screenshot_20220509-092048~2.png

I love when people use the Tokaido Line (the busiest in the world) next the one of the largest metro regions in the world for comparison.

I don't dispute that things can't densify and change along the proposed route in Alberta, but let's try to be a little more realistic shall we?

Back