News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

So is Bar Oro opening two locations? Energy Square and Capital Boulevard? I think they have vinyl up at both saying opening 2023 (date seems to keep changing)

^As someone who works in this area I've been super confused as to what's going on, as well.
Ditto. I'm wondering if it is related to Bar Oro, or something else. Coffee places opening in 2023 that have signage up for months and months seem to be a thing downtown now.

However, it seems to be on City of Edmonton time. Well, I suppose 2023 is not over yet, but I wish they would just get on with it .

Looking at it a bit further... On their Instagram account yesterday, the business said: "The pop up on 108 could be open as soon as next week. Waiting on internet. #staytuned for updates on opening". So it sounds like the Capital Boulevard location will be a temporary or interim space while Energy Square gets built out, I'm guessing.

That makes sense; they are ready to go, want to build their brand and are delayed in getting into their actual space.

Good to see.

I'm still not very clear on the timelines for their Energy Square space although now I am wondering if the delay is due to what the building is doing and not the tenant.

I'm still not very clear on the timelines for their Energy Square space although now I am wondering if the delay is due to what the building is doing and not the tenant.

That's likely the reason. It's tough to build up a new street facing business when there's construction hoarding in front of your doors

I am wondering because just looking out the window at it a few minutes ago, it has a very done/completed look to it, except the fence is still up.

IMG_1499.jpeg

Fencing is down. Looking like nothing more is coming besides what theyve already completed. So no fancy lighting for now.

Back