News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Hey guys. I didn't think it would have to come to this, but I have to start watermarking my images. I have seen a real estate agency stealing my photos and watermarking them themselves. As far as I know, it's only one agency as of now, but they did not contact me and ask for my permission to use these photos. I do these renders on my own time for free, and I am doing it because I genuinely enjoy it. I have put a lot of work into these models over the last couple of years. I am incredibly disappointed that it had to come to this, and I apologize for those of you who enjoy watermark-free imagery. I am more than happy to send out watermark-free, full-size image files, just shoot me a message and we can work something out.

I will be retroactively reuploading and watermarking my images over the next week or so. I will have two sets of watermarks - one with my full name, which I will be using for my Google Earth renders, and one with the name of my freelance 3D rendering/modelling business (Southwest Design), which I will be using for my higher-quality 3D renders.

Again, I do regret having to do this, but I do not appreciate my work being stolen.

90246255_2650165268548257_3572650227418529792_o.jpg101703363_1193752737628883_4363184819908116480_o.jpg101805793_1193753000962190_2384074854962823168_o.jpg

Last edited:
Really disappointing given the amount of effort it takes to build these.

Did you reach out to them?

I haven't yet, but I plan to do it within the week.

EDIT: It appears they've beat me to the punch. They must have seen this.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I didn't think it would have to come to this, but I have to start watermarking my images. I have seen a real estate agency stealing my photos and watermarking them themselves. As far as I know, it's only one agency as of now, but they did not contact me and ask for my permission to use these photos. I do these renders on my own time for free, and I am doing it because I genuinely enjoy it. I have put a lot of work into these models over the last couple of years. I am incredibly disappointed that it had to come to this, and I apologize for those of you who enjoy watermark-free imagery. I am more than happy to send out watermark-free, full-size image files, just shoot me a message and we can work something out.

I will be retroactively reuploading and watermarking my images over the next week or so. I will have two sets of watermarks - one with my full name, which I will be using for my Google Earth renders, and one with the name of my freelance 3D rendering/modelling business (Southwest Design), which I will be using for my higher-quality 3D renders.

View attachment 268480

Again, I do regret having to do this, but I do not appreciate my work being stolen.

View attachment 268475View attachment 268476View attachment 268477

I'm not surprised. That's why I started to add tokens to my drone pictures. A lot of Mississauga sales agents (the worst offenders) are doing the same with mine, along with architects, and marketing companies. At the moment, I'm completely turn-off from posting further pictures. The last straw was when I got a solicitation email from a sales agent selling M3 units using one of my drone pictures as their lead.

I would echo the above experience. Every future skyline render I did in the past decade and a half (each typically receiving a lot of media attention)... has been ripped off. Real estate has been the worst offender (chased off a few), but lots of others and never ever credited. It's really bad when some of the renders were paid corporate commissions I did (clients not happy).

Last edited:
Hi Eric, I really enjoy your posts here. Are there any planned updates for your Mississauga graphics? I would love to see the various proposals in the Cooksville area as a whole.

Hi Eric, I really enjoy your posts here. Are there any planned updates for your Mississauga graphics? I would love to see the various proposals in the Cooksville area as a whole.
Hi Anastasia, I'm glad you enjoy them! To be honest, it's been difficult for me to get back into my hobbies lately, 3D modelling included. When I do work on my models, it has mostly been for Kitchener, Halifax, and Ottawa. I plan to do Burlington after I complete those, but I plan on looping back around and updating my Mississauga model as well. I know that a number of new proposals have come up (with a fair amount in Cooksville as well), and I am excited to eventually model them. It just might be a while before I get to it.

Hi Anastasia, I'm glad you enjoy them! To be honest, it's been difficult for me to get back into my hobbies lately, 3D modelling included. When I do work on my models, it has mostly been for Kitchener, Halifax, and Ottawa. I plan to do Burlington after I complete those, but I plan on looping back around and updating my Mississauga model as well. I know that a number of new proposals have come up (with a fair amount in Cooksville as well), and I am excited to eventually model them. It just might be a while before I get to it.
Totally understandable. I'm glad to hear it's on your radar to eventually do an update for Mississauga. Thanks for the update.

Cross-post from my Pan-Canadian Future Skylines thread! I have produced updated renderings for my Mississauga skyline, now at 123 towers, up from 89 towers in the last revision. It still does not yet include Port Credit but I still plan on getting to it. I have added Cooksville to the model, including the new major Queensway hospital development.

Mississauga V6-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V6-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V6-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V6-4 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V6-5 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V6-6 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V6-7 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V6-8 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Back