8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter Sir Novelty Fashion
  • Start date
Re: bye

Counting the many years I've been actively on Urban Toronto makes me nostalgic and sad... but the new server makes me happy! Bye ezboard!

Ah yes... the memories. The forum helped me realise my love for urbanity as I was trapped in exurbia, eventually leading to a move from rural Caledon to downtown Toronto. It may be crazy at times, but I think we've likely all learned a lot from this forum, the quality of discussion can be spectacular at times. Not many forums have fostered such a level of commmunity in real life as well.

But yes, we must move forwards, not backwards; upwards, not downwards; and always twirling, twirling, TWIRLING towards freedom!

I'll be happy to finally be able to change my User Name!

bc:

Those heady days - ROM was still a figment of our imagination; AGO a mere rumour; the Opera House an unrealized dream; the BA stub a painful reminder and 20s condo by anyone being a reason for celebration. How things have changed!

The only regret is that posting from those early days was lost, either due to the sheer volume of new materials and the EZboard 20 page limit, or from that hacker attack. No matter, the beginnings of great things are always shrouded in mythology.

AoD

Can we change our user names when we sign on? I want to be 3Dementia.

Ezboard had a few quriks, but I always found it fast and pretty user friendly aside from the fact threads would get lost pretty fast.

I've enjoyed the forum over the last several years (this is pretty much the only one I use now) and look forward to the new version.

SNF, thank you for restraining yourself in your last post. I am sure nevertheless that GeekyBoyTO is flattered, if not somewhat curious as to where you want to go with that.

miss manners 42

It's really a tribute. His sudden and mysterious disappearance flummoxes me to this day. Rest in peace, GeekyBoy, whereever you are...

Wowie zowie! Now I've seen everything! GeekyBoy - do you know where Elvis is?

tabloid reader 42

I joined in August of 02.

I'm proud of my mindless posts and my photo posts!! from 03' and 04'

I wonder why people on skyscraperpage call Toronto Forumers snobs..

I know its nothing I did.

I'm a long time lurker (since near the beginning). I followed some of you from a Toronto Olympic Summer Games forum several years ago to (I think) Nalyd's sky scraper page. One day all the toronto forumers seemed to be gone and then I found this place and I have been checking in almost daily ever since. I remember way back when we were drooling over the rom proposals, and when pantages and maritime life were the most exciting projects in the city. Toronto's come a long way. Although I don't participate much I appreciate all the hard work everyone has put into keeping this forum running and successful. I'll see you all over at the new forum! It will be fun to figure out who is who if you all change your names.

Back