8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

1681862879627.png

This caught my attention:

View attachment 482138

That's actually the good stuff, not quite A5 Kobe; but damned fine, and that's not an unreasonble price for what it is..........(that's clearly a relative statement, I would call that a once a year splurge) Still good to know.
I didn't remember T&T carrying that...
Personally I'm not a fan of Wagyu or A5 Kobe beef, it's too rich fat tasting for me. But I'm not entirely surprised that it's available at T&T especially this location, some people have a lot of wealth and don't see it as expensive. Heck I was at the store last week and they have Japanese Sun Mangos going for $138 and Japanese Mino Melon (aka cantaloupe) for $88.

7022BED9-120E-4C8A-9122-30B61E2899C4.jpeg

EABC88D4-B012-4241-B580-E365B7949508.jpeg

P

Personally I'm not a fan of Wagyu or A5 Kobe beef, it's too rich fat tasting for me. But I'm not entirely surprised that it's available at T&T especially this location, some people have a lot of wealth and don't see it as expensive. Heck I was at the store last week and they have Japanese Sun Mangos going for $138 and Japanese Mino Melon (aka cantaloupe) for $88.

It is rich, no question. Not to be treated the way you would a conventional steak, I don't think.

Eating a 1-inch thick striploin would be enough fat too......uh, 'grease the pipes' likely to an undesirable result. LOL

But I think a small Top Sirloin cut, treated almost like Fois, like it's the fatty element on the plate you pair w/less fatty items can be absolutely scrumptious.

Lots of buzz for the new store on opening day:

I was at Fairview a couple of weeks after the opening, there was a lineup outside the mall for the grocery. I would expect that on opening day, but not weeks later.

I visited Fairview this past weekend for the first time since early 2020 and I must say that the food hall corridor that surrounds the new-ish T&T store has done a great job at revitalizing that section of the mall. There's a good buzz about it which has boosted the rest of the mall.

I visited too the other weekend. The new Asian-themed part of the mall looked great and was truly popular. I just wish the TTC connection actually connected to the mall and wasn't a large staircase that also takes one outside first. It seems like there is an easy win here for CF, but they'd probably rather let the TTC improve this one day (which they won't).

Back