News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I love it - it's my go to. No annoying crowds, never have to wait for anything, the place is pristine, etc!
Ever go there (Dupont & Christie Location) and wish they sold something specific that you might have needed though? I have a cat. I see they do not sell pet food.
There may even be other examples? If I have to go to Loblaws right next door to get the cat food, I may as well do ALL my shopping in one place.
(prices pending)

Ever go there (Dupont & Christie Location) and wish they sold something specific that you might have needed though? I have a cat. I see they do not sell pet food.
There may even be other examples? If I have to go to Loblaws right next door to get the cat food, I may as well do ALL my shopping in one place.
(prices pending)

The whole conceit of Farm Boy is nothing is sold that isn't human food. No dish soap, no laundry soap, no pharmacy, no toilet paper, no pet food. All human food.

It carries with it some real advantages, branding aside, it means the store can be alot smaller, and quicker to get in/out of, while not cutting that deeply into the variety of food items available.

This is also achieved by focusing on store-brand product, carrying only a limited selection of brand names.

Future and Growth of Farm Boy

Second Farm Boy Burlington location on 3230 Fairview St will be open in Winter 2024 and Second Hamilton location on Nebo Shopping Centre (1200 Rymal Rd E ) will be built and open in the future

There are other New Farm Boy locations will be open in Oshawa (1280 Clearbrook Drive) and Mississauga’s Port Credit (Summer 2024) (50th Farm Boy location)

Winter 2024 for Second Burlington location and Oshawa will be 48 and 49 farm Boy Store and Second future Farm Boy Hamilton store will be 51st store??

I live at Bloor and Perth beside the UPX station and there isn’t a Farmboy anywhere around here. As I know they would like to serve this area I am guessing they would go into Galleria along DuPont or the Dufferin and Bloor area.

And in a wider sense there is opportunity at Yorkdale, Square One and STC.

Thoughts?

I live at Bloor and Perth beside the UPX station and there isn’t a Farmboy anywhere around here. As I know they would like to serve this area I am guessing they would go into Galleria along DuPont or the Dufferin and Bloor area.

And in a wider sense there is opportunity at Yorkdale, Square One and STC.

Thoughts?
Square One has a Whole Foods, so if Farm Boy were to come to the area, I highly doubt it would be on Square One property. Somewhere nearby though? Maybe in the base of one of the multitude of condos going up around Square One?

The one at Dupont & Christie is sort of close.
Although it's not a great location. Parking is terrible, and the produce is always rotting. It's one of those stores where there is usually more staff than customers. I question how long this location will last.

Although it's not a great location. Parking is terrible, and the produce is always rotting. It's one of those stores where there is usually more staff than customers. I question how long this location will last.
You can park in the condo...

That segment of Dupont is also so hostile to pedestrians. I inquired with 311 about ~5 months ago as to when the traffic light in front of Farm Boy would be activated and no response yet. Really unpleasant to jaywalk around there!

That segment of Dupont is also so hostile to pedestrians. I inquired with 311 about ~5 months ago as to when the traffic light in front of Farm Boy would be activated and no response yet. Really unpleasant to jaywalk around there!
I would imagine there's not enough cars coming out of the Farm Boy condo parking to warrant turning it on. 😏

It replaced the Sobey's @ Dupont & Shaw. A smaller store, but if it continues down a path of high prices and rotting produce, I gather it will become a FreshCo in due time.
FreshCo is something that would be useful in the area, since there is already a Loblaws and a Fiesta Farms with high enough prices.
Maybe Farm Boy can do better over @ Dupont & Dufferin, with all the new condos going in there...

Farm Boy is also absent from the Markham market, not sure if there are any plans for it there?

Back