News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

They need to remove the Stevenson stop.

Local Councillors will want more stops that would serve their constituents, because they'll get the needed votes to get re-elected. They'll want less stops outside their sphere of influence. We saw that along St. Clair Avenue West.

There's four apartment buildings at Stevenson and it would be the closest stop to Albion Mall. It's a keeper.

I pass by the stop all the time and hardly anyone is there. Compare this to the Kipling or Albion bus stops. This stop is similar to the Leslie stop on Eglinton. A few people whine and get a stop on the line which will hardly be used and comes to the detriment of the overall line.

Wonder if they will only stop at a stop when the "STOP REQUEST" button is pressed? Could happen late at night. Could even happen at the major stops, such as Kipling or Albion, very late at night.
bus_animation_e.gif

Last edited:
No, of course not. Only when people need to get on or off of the vehicles.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Has that decision been made yet?

And do you know how it will be handled on ECLRT? I presume it will stop at all stations underground , because of ATO and that's how it works on the rest of our subways. But what about on the surface section?

Has that decision been made yet?

And do you know how it will be handled on ECLRT? I presume it will stop at all stations underground , because of ATO and that's how it works on the rest of our subways. But what about on the surface section?

They have said many times from the get-go, at all of the EA meetings years ago, that all above-ground stops will be treated as the same type of stop as any other surface stop - optional. This is not news.

Underground stops will be handled in the same way that the subway and RT handle them - always stopping.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

They have said many times from the get-go, at all of the EA meetings years ago, that all above-ground stops will be treated as the same type of stop as any other surface stop - optional. This is not news.

Underground stops will be handled in the same way that the subway and RT handle them - always stopping.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
I can see only one issue - you are watching the LRV stop at each stop underground and your stop is the first above ground stop, you hear the announcement and unless someone else requests the stop or there is someone waiting at the stop you will pass right by. I'm sure there will be some announcements or adjustment period to address something like this.

Or how about riders getting of at the Leslie station or is it Sunnybrook at least going eastwards. For the most part they would not be having to press a button for the undeground stop but going from Laird to Sunnybrook park would they have to press a button or how about Don Mills to Sunnybrook Park...

I can see only one issue - you are watching the LRV stop at each stop underground and your stop is the first above ground stop, you hear the announcement and unless someone else requests the stop or there is someone waiting at the stop you will pass right by. I'm sure there will be some announcements or adjustment period to address something like this.

I think people will still use the stop request button underground - even if it does stop at every stop, so likely won't be a noticeable difference. (Just like people hit the button or pull the cord as a bus reaches a terminus station today)

What's the reasoning behind having the one stop at the end being underground or in a trench?

^presumably its because they wanted to grade separate the turn onto Highway 27 from Finch, and they just kept it trenched after. I imagine that going straight through an intersection involves less disruptive signal priorities than cutting through an intersection as would be required if it were not trenched.

I don't think so. The LRV won't be going straight through the intersection. Looking at the display boards, a left turn phase would still be needed to cross to the trench. In fact, it looks like it would actually complicate things, as left turning cars on Finch won't be able to turn with the LRVs. This is because the LRV needs to switch from a centre of road to side of road alignment.

Back