News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

You're salty I'm not following the academic pro development circlejerk!

You're rude, as exemplified above.

By now, you should know, I don't follow anyone else's drumbeat, and more than most members here, I have some patience for the views of those who like their neighbourhoods as they are or want to protect their view etc.

I also believe, however, that the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few or the one, on balance, most of the time.

In this area traffic and running errands has been hell for the last 3 years!!!
Kipling ave was torn down to the dirt to replace the concrete and asphalt so the entire street was 1 lane in each direction from steeles to finch.
The road was re-designed to get people to speed less, but this means in the winter the bus and trucks/SUV's end up coming into the 2nd lane due to the slush/snow in the curbs.
It takes 20+ mins to get through highway 27 and humber college boulevard, and none of the signs are correct! There has been signs for months pointing to lanes that don't exist.
Then for years they made the area around kipling and finch one lane.

Every time something is touched here it makes it worse overall in my experience! And not an ounce of sympathy from people here.

The Finch LRT has been under construction, as was Kipling, you were expecting this to be a 'walk in the park'.

Construction is disruptive and annoying and taking place all over the City and Region. Kipling is done, Finch will be finished soon.

Judge the final product.

I don't know why you would expect 'sympathy'; others on this forum are dealing w/the construction related to the Ontario Line; or the mess in the east end this summer with closures on Broadview, Coxwell and at Main Station; Hurontario has been under construction in Mississauga for ages and so on and so on.

Beyond that, you're not widely liked here, because you come on here only to bash, never to compliment, never to share actual news; and your commitment to being factual is not particularly steadfast either.

I've followed the development at dixie mall and the traffic is insane! The residents are not happy either, but I guess all that matters is the opinions of people here who'll never suffer the consequences of the changes they want to see.
This is just like the streetcars on the west end. They're going to be closed for most of a decade, but every time I complain people here hand wave away

The above is such nonsense. Where do you think UT members live? Most of us have projects across the street from us or down the block, we ride the same TTC, and GO systems, drive the same highways, and navigate the same closures as anyone else.

Last edited:
You're rude, as exemplified above.

By now, you should know, I don't follow anyone else's drumbeat, and more than most members here, I have some patience for the views of those who like their neighbourhoods as they are or want to protect their view etc.

I also believe, however, that the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few or the one, on balance, most of the time.

1) The Finch LRT has been under construction, as was Kipling, you were expecting this to be a 'walk in the park'.

Construction is disruptive and annoying and taking place all over the City and Region. Kipling is done, Finch will be finished soon.

Judge the final product.

I don't know why you would expect 'sympathy'; others on this forum are dealing w/the construction related to the Ontario Line; or the mess in the east end this summer with closures on Broadview, Coxwell and at Main Station; Hurontario has been under construction in Mississauga for ages and so on and so on.

Beyond that, you're not widely liked here, because you come on here only to bash, never to compliment, never to share actual news; and your commitment to being factual is not particularly steadfast either.

The above is such nonsense. Where do you think UT members live? Most of us have projects across the street from us or down the block, we ride the same TTC, and GO systems, drive the same highways, and navigate the same closures as anyone else.
Rude? You're the one who outright told me to not post here again, what sort of energy are you expecting with my reply?

What news are you expecting me to share? I don't have inside knowledge so I do the best with what I have. I enjoy going to TTC events and I try to share those photos here. I was curious about the GO cab refresh project and I shared the news that metrolinx planned to convert the old cab cars back when they emailed me a reply.

I'm just sick of seeing things with my own eyes and being told it doesn't exist. I remember I witnessed an assault and everyone gave their arm chair opinion.
I will see people here complain about safety on transit and basically told it's more likely you'll die in a car? As if that's the only outcome. I've been verbally attacked several times but I never report it and most don't, which gives a falsely low reading.
I remember saying the roncy construction will be delayed "without a source" and wow, we're going to get into October with no streetcar service.
I've had over 1.5 hours ADDED DAILY to my commute, due to various projects for 5+ years, and basically told to suck it up.

I'm not even necessarily mad about construction or changes but the way things are handled are downright unsafe at times.

Rude? You're the one who outright told me to not post here again,

Yes, and I was; though I thought I was perfectly polite about it.

Seriously, I'm not wasting my time on a flame war, the Mods can decide your future here; that's not my ambit.

If you do stay though, just please try to earn the respect of others by posting constructively. UT is not your diary, or special place to vent. We all do that from time to time....., but in your case less would certainly be welcome.

Moving on.........

Last edited:
Yes, and I was; though I thought I was perfectly polite about it.

Seriously, I'm not wasting my time on a flame war, the Mods can decide your future here; that's not my ambit.

If you do stay though, just please try to earn the respect of others by posting constructively. UT is not your diary, or special place to vent. We all due that from time to time....., but in your case less would certainly be welcome.

Moving on.........
I could not care less what people I'll never meet think of me.

I post in regards to the things I see in my reality, and it feels pretty insulting to be regularly told something I saw with my own eyes isn't real.

AFpya.gif

Attachments

• 1695135704792.png
    1695135704792.png
    53 KB · Views: 30
I drove down the stretch of hwy27 from carrier drive to rexdale blvd yesterday. Looks like they're ready to open both lanes between humber college blvd and finch but still a ton of pipe work? On highway 27 south of the station, feel like we will be lucky if that's all finished by the winter.

There is no polite way to tell someone to stop posting here.

A poster whose presence is felt by many here to be trolling and whose posts are almost universally viewed as non-contributing being 'asked' to please refrain from posting is the beneficiary of far greater politeness than I feel they are entitled to; but your mileage may vary.

Suffice to say, my unvarnished opinion in this case (of the poster and a preferred course of action) would be viewed as far less polite.

A poster whose presence is felt by many here to be trolling and whose posts are almost universally viewed as non-contributing being 'asked' to please refrain from posting is the beneficiary of far greater politeness than I feel they are entitled to; but your mileage may vary.

Suffice to say, my unvarnished opinion in this case (of the poster and a preferred course of action) would be viewed as far less polite.
Kind of funny a self proclaimed libertarian is telling me to stop posting. Even if you think I'm out to lunch people DO HAVE the right to be wrong!

Yes I actually hate transit and that's why I spent my Saturday going to the RT farewell, and visit every TTC open house. It's not possible I've just came to different conclusions on how certain things should be ran, and am frustrated that poor planning has caused my commute to be an extra 1.5 hours a day.

People here call me out of touch then suggest telling people a bike ride from Scarborough to downtown or to Costco is a realistic idea?

IMG_3992.jpgIMG_3995.jpegIMG_4011.jpegIMG_4017.jpeg

"Suffice to say, my unvarnished opinion in this case (of the poster and a preferred course of action) would be viewed as far less polite."

Who even talks like this in person? You're coming off as incredibly pompous. I don't like you even more than I lead on? You're free to ignore me, I don't get why disagreeing generates this sort of reaction?

Kind of funny a self proclaimed libertarian is telling me to stop posting.

A Libertarian advocates that the State does not restrict your freedom needlessly, including your rights to freedom of thought, expression, mobility and I would add pretty much anything else w/o demonstrable just cause, and social consensus.

I do not support the state criminalizing your posting or putting you in jail for it. My libertarian values are in tact.

Even if you think I'm out to lunch people DO HAVE the right to be wrong!

Actually, they don't. This is an odd misconception. But a clear reading of the constitution will not afford any 'right to be wrong'.

That said, I don't favour jailing anyone over that, in most cases.

I asked you to voluntarily stop doing something, because it would be the right thing to do; that is not a restriction on your freedom, its a request for human decency to spare us all your incessant nonsense.

Yes I actually hate transit and that's why I spent my Saturday going to the RT farewell, and visit every TTC open house. It's not possible I've just came to different conclusions on how certain things should be ran, and am frustrated that poor planning has caused my commute to be an extra 1.5 hours a day.

No one here thinks the TTC is particularly well managed; you can find countless posts by many here, that are critical of the TTC, including mine.

You're not being given a hard time because you're critical of the TTC, but because of how you are critical of the TTC.

Your posts are repetitive, over-the-top/outlandish, you make statesments often for which you have little evidence, and which are not suggestive of a well informed view.

People therefore conclude that you either do not ride the TTC and make this up; or that you ride the TTC and still make things up.

Its not like its difficult to come up with credible criticism of the TTC, that's fair enough; its that yours in unending and tirade'ish; and frankly, exaggerated.

People here call me out of touch then suggest telling people a bike ride from Scarborough to downtown or to Costco is a realistic idea?

I have no idea who /what post you're referencing and can't comment usefully on it w/o more context. Is it do-able for some here? Yes, it is? There are cyclists here who routinely knock out well over 20km per direction 2x daily. I'm not one of them, it would not be realistic for me.
Who even talks like this in person?

I do.

You're coming off as incredibly pompous.

I can't say that was my intent, but I'm rather indifferent to your opinion.

I don't get why disagreeing generates this sort of reaction?

Disagreeing does not.

I enjoy a good debate, and contrarianism too. But come to the argument with evidence. Your opinion is worth very little without it.

You're free to ignore me

An excellent suggestion! Done!

A Libertarian advocates that the State does not restrict your freedom needlessly, including your rights to freedom of thought, expression, mobility and I would add pretty much anything else w/o demonstrable just cause, and social consensus.

I do not support the state criminalizing your posting or putting you in jail for it. My libertarian values are in tact.

Actually, they don't. This is an odd misconception. But a clear reading of the constitution will not afford any 'right to be wrong'.

That said, I don't favour jailing anyone over that, in most cases.

I asked you to voluntarily stop doing something, because it would be the right thing to do; that is not a restriction on your freedom, its a request for human decency to spare us all your incessant nonsense.

No one here thinks the TTC is particularly well managed; you can find countless posts by many here, that are critical of the TTC, including mine.

You're not being given a hard time because you're critical of the TTC, but because of how you are critical of the TTC.

Your posts are repetitive, over-the-top/outlandish, you make statesments often for which you have little evidence, and which are not suggestive of a well informed view.

People therefore conclude that you either do not ride the TTC and make this up; or that you ride the TTC and still make things up.

Its not like its difficult to come up with credible criticism of the TTC, that's fair enough; its that yours in unending and tirade'ish; and frankly, exaggerated.

I have no idea who /what post you're referencing and can't comment usefully on it w/o more context. Is it do-able for some here? Yes, it is? There are cyclists here who routinely knock out well over 20km per direction 2x daily. I'm not one of them, it would not be realistic for me.

I do.

I can't say that was my intent, but I'm rather indifferent to your opinion.

Disagreeing does not.

I enjoy a good debate, and contrarianism too. But come to the argument with evidence. Your opinion is worth very little without it.

An excellent suggestion! Done!
You try to tear me down, but walter will see a road line mispainted and point out how city hall has some conspiracy going on and not a peep from you!

There is no "nice way" to tell someone to GTFO and stop posting.
I fall somewhere on the libertarian spectrum as well and I feel like as long as someone isn't attacking someone directly or posting something for commercial gain I'm just going to scroll past the paragraph I don't like.

Saying you have some "impolite" things in your mind about me is needlessly antagonistic, and I know you realize that.

You try to tear me down, but walter will see a road line mispainted and point out how city hall has some conspiracy going on and not a peep from you!

There is no "nice way" to tell someone to GTFO and stop posting.
I fall somewhere on the libertarian spectrum as well and I feel like as long as someone isn't attacking someone directly or posting something for commercial gain I'm just going to scroll past the paragraph I don't like.

Saying you have some "impolite" things in your mind about me is needlessly antagonistic, and I know you realize that.
What has this got to do with the thread as well waste ppl time thinking something new been added to the thread???

Both of you take it off line and quick wasting our time

Last edited:

Back