News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I know its minuscule but the first photo is basically all about the road and cars. Its a transit project ffs make the photos related to that. If I didn't know what the project was I don't think I would have even realized it was about transit with the photo choice.
Comical gripe.
  1. It’s a picture of the Westmore stop on the LRT line.
  2. It says Finch West LRT project right above the photo.
  3. This document is directed at an informed crowd, it’s not intended to catch attention of the unaware.

I just read a global mail article, it said this won't open up until 2025.

It's was an article on completion date vs in service date on all the current major transit projects.

It's was an article on completion date vs in service date on all the current major transit projects.
Couldn't find anything on the globe and mails site... Got a link?

All I could find was the global article... it talks about Finch maybe opening in '25.

Last edited:
Nov 5
Had a look at the line today and will be some month before things are ready to say opening day is X with the summer being the target date at this time.

Humber station buildings have the Big T on them as well the signs on the street along with the ones at the stops. A few windows need replacing as they are shattered. Landscaping taking place.

Hwy 27 partly rebuilt as well Humber College Blvd. .Sidewalk on the westside of Hwy 27 with asphalt path on the east side for cycles and pedestrians. Still a lot roadwork to be done on Finch as well the cycle path

The stations themselves have a lot of work to be on on them as well.

Crews were working on 2 sections of track, otherwise complete with infill needed between the ROW and the road/stations along with the OS.

The OS got me on Hwy 27 as it is completely the Overhead Conductor Rail that is used in TTC St Clair West Station Loop from portal to portal, but normal coming out of the portal on Finch. This includes the 2 crossover tracks Heavy brackets support for the crossover tracks supporting the channel. What was also different there are no poles from the top of the hill to the station like the rest of the system to support the OS and they are mounted off the retaining wall bracket.

Did one video with the DSRL and a hard time keeping it on the dashboard and have yet to look at it.

It will be a few days before I get to today photos as I have a full plate in front of me for the next few days and night, but will post when I get to them.

If the talk about 2025 opening may have to due withe the cars themselves as they are the same ones as Ottawa. ML most likely waiting to see what is done to Ottawa cars and have the same fix apply to the Finch and Hurontario cars for they entre service. Mississauga was scheduled to see the first car either last month or this month, but expect to see it in 2024 as there is no OS in place to test it in the yard, let alone the test bed.

Last edited:
If I go by this, ML will have access to the line by year end, The City of Toronto will not have access to the road system,

If ML is happy with the Finch LRV's, it could start running them while platforms work is taking place as well any station work in early 2024 to the point the countdown can start having the 30-90 days of continue running the line to plan schedule for the line and with an opening date to be had.

Substantial completion was to be at the end of this year

Substantial completion definition
Substantial completion means the project, or a portion of the project, is fit for its intended use. The owner can then occupy and use the property

I would not trust mainstream media on infrastructure items unless they’re getting leaks from Metrolinx. They’ve consistently proven to either lack understanding of transit or just be sloppy at reporting it.

As far as I can see, the station box at Humber College has been built narrower than I remember was the plan - the third track for train storage doesn't seem to be present.

I remain to be convinced by the quality of the streetscape and landscaping in light of Metrolinx cutting costs on this project to please Doug - certainly a "wait and see" until it is actually finished. cutting the public art, again

I would not trust mainstream media on infrastructure items unless they’re getting leaks from Metrolinx. They’ve consistently proven to either lack understanding of transit or just be sloppy at reporting it.
Completion and inservice dates seem to be thrown around in media with no understanding of what that means.

Back