News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

20231111_132013.jpg

This is new. What the ???

Edit: I found the reference, an art piece paying homage to Elia PS, a school in the area from 1873-1956. I like the concept but I would have preferred if they took it a bit further, maybe the top completely finished, maybe something more reaching the ground. It is like watching one of those videos showing someone draw in accelerated time, except they stop the video too early, before there is colour, before there is a completed face. It is too early to know if it was going to be impressive or a thrown away draft.

Last edited:
How is 119 supposed to work? When it was a loop that turned around at Sheppard the one-way Torbarrie the other way Clayson wasn't so bad, but if you want to go to Clayson and the route starts Torbarrie now are you expected to go for a cruise out to Plastic World and back?

How is 119 supposed to work? When it was a loop that turned around at Sheppard the one-way Torbarrie the other way Clayson wasn't so bad, but if you want to go to Clayson and the route starts Torbarrie now are you expected to go for a cruise out to Plastic World and back?
It will suck if you need to ride around the current loop.

It's not finalized yet, but it will surely be there.

The image is from https://ttc5yearplans.ca/survey
They are actually surveying on do you support the idea of implementing this "Line 6 bus network" plan oppose to supporting the specific route change which is supposedly finalized. That was last year's ASP. I don't know what kind of feedback they are expecting.

They are actually surveying on do you support the idea of implementing this "Line 6 bus network" plan oppose to supporting the specific route change which is supposedly finalized. That was last year's ASP. I don't know what kind of feedback they are expecting.
My impression was that this plan was a little different than last years - at least for Line 5; I haven't looked at Line 6 as closely.

“We’ve made a lot of headway, getting really close to the end of major construction,” said Andrew Hope, chief capital officer for rapid transit for Metrolinx, the provincial transit agency overseeing the project. “We are very confident at this point that the line is going to open next year.”
After the construction is done, Metrolinx and contractors will have to complete the testing and commissioning phase — ensuring that all of the systems work safely and reliably — and finish training drivers, Hope said. The TTC will operate the line.
They're very confident about this unlike the Crosstown.

They have made good progress in the past few months, but I don't think everything will be done by the end of the year there's a lot of little things left to do. I think by spring it'll be done for the most part, but I could be wrong.

That CP rail path will be interesting I would think they will have to demolish the existing sidewalks and retaining wall and then carve out a tunnel in the embankment under the tracks to fit everything in. It also seems that this work is starting quite late in this process.

Screenshot 2023-11-21 102949.jpg

Back