News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I couldn't find the page containing info (presentations, etc) re: the EA - is there even one?

AoD
So, despite the depressing lessons of the past four years, it's to be assumed that whatever transit whim a mayoral candidate expresses during a campaign will be carried out? City council learned a few months back that it doesn't have to do what a mayor said to get elected.

Last edited:
The presentation from the meeting last night said construction starts in 2016.

I thought I read 2014 or 2015 a couple of years ago. I'm also frustrated that it seems to keep getting pushed indefinitely into the future.

Edit: after reading the presentation I'm happy that design work at least is starting this year. I'm glad there's some movement happening.

Last edited:
I thought I read 2014 or 2015 a couple of years ago. I'm also frustrated that it seems to keep getting pushed indefinitely into the future.

John Tory would like to push it even further so that his DumbTrack proposal becomes the first priority.

Edit: after reading the presentation I'm happy that design work at least is starting this year. I'm glad there's some movement happening.

Put the blame on Rob Ford for "cancelling" Transit City at the start of his term. Took years to reverse that. Should get back fully after he loses, along with his lapdog councillors.

Finch was supposed to start next year, I have no idea where 2016 comes from. If Ford or Tory win we will have a problem. My major issue is suburban residents in this city either don't want or don't fight hard enough for the LRT's

Finch was supposed to start next year, I have no idea where 2016 comes from. If Ford or Tory win we will have a problem. My major issue is suburban residents in this city either don't want or don't fight hard enough for the LRT's

a little bit of both. The problem here is that they've been irresponsibly been sold a "Finch subway" that makes absolutely no sense

a little bit of both. The problem here is that they've been irresponsibly been sold a "Finch subway" that makes absolutely no sense
No major candidate has sold a Finch subway. Tory hasn't sold it. And anyone who still believe what comes out of Ford's mouth isn't worth taking seriously.

I think you guys overestimate the power the mayor of Toronto has over this stuff...

The mayor is only one vote on city council and even if council wants something, they may not get it, it's up to Metrolinx & the province to decide whether they want to listen or not.

What the current transit plan looks like now is almost nothing like what the current mayor's election platform was in 2010.

I have heard no one that lives at North Rexdale- Mount Olive (Kipling-Finch) or Jane-Finch talk about his, just the pols (Mammoliti, Ford) and metrolinx. Why does LRT have such a bad image in Toronto?
No major candidate has sold a Finch subway. Tory hasn't sold it. And anyone who still believe what comes out of Ford's mouth isn't worth taking seriously.

I think you guys overestimate the power the mayor of Toronto has over this stuff...

The mayor is only one vote on city council and even if council wants something, they may not get it, it's up to Metrolinx & the province to decide whether they want to listen or not.

What the current transit plan looks like now is almost nothing like what the current mayor's election platform was in 2010.

Not true. Mammoliti supports a Finch West subway and has for at least a year. So does Doug Ford and Rob Ford(regardless of what you say Ford is still the mayor)

There is a very real chance we could only end up with a fully completed eglinton crosstown (Terminal 1 - Kennedy) and nothing else. Nfitz, it's time the citizens of the city were honest. Do they want LRT or not?

Last edited:
Not true. Mammoliti supports a Finch West subway and has for at least a year. So does Doug Ford and Rob Ford(regardless of what you say Ford is still the mayor)
Anyone who takes anything seriously that comes out of Mammoliti's mouth is even more disturbed than Fraud Nation. Not even Mammoliti's supporters take what he says seriously.

Most people don't realize what an LRT is. It's our useless politicians who bad mouth it and give people a bad image of it. People think they are getting second rate transit, when in fact, they are getting what's appropriate for the density. These people have been lead to believe you can get subways and taxes will not go up. In this day and age, where people can look up information so easily on the net, I find it mind boggling that so many people will believe lies about transit. Ford is the worst thing to happen to public transit in Toronto's history. He has mislead the uninformed and have them all demanding subways, in low density areas. This whole city needs a course in public transit. I know, I've had this debate with friends who live in Scarborough who feel deprived, yet don't even use public transit. They are yelling for subways which they themselves will never use because you can't pry them out of their cars with a crowbar. It's really crazy!

Anyone who takes anything seriously that comes out of Mammoliti's mouth is even more disturbed than Fraud Nation. Not even Mammoliti's supporters take what he says seriously.
Obviously the people that elected them are a joke right? Come on, there was support to kill the FWLRT on council. This is because they don't like the LRT's. And they are not the only one's in the city that feel this way.

Most people don't realize what an LRT is. It's our useless politicians who bad mouth it and give people a bad image of it. People think they are getting second rate transit, when in fact, they are getting what's appropriate for the density. These people have been lead to believe you can get subways and taxes will not go up. In this day and age, where people can look up information so easily on the net, I find it mind boggling that so many people will believe lies about transit. Ford is the worst thing to happen to public transit in Toronto's history. He has mislead the uninformed and have them all demanding subways, in low density areas. This whole city needs a course in public transit. I know, I've had this debate with friends who live in Scarborough who feel deprived, yet don't even use public transit. They are yelling for subways which they themselves will never use because you can't pry them out of their cars with a crowbar. It's really crazy!
This is what this is really about, get out of the way of my car. It's really sad.

Back